Two Hermann Place & Three Herman Place: High-Rises At 1661 Hermann Dr.

ClutchCity

It seems like things are just beginning to ramp up in Houston. As eventful as the next three months are going to be, quite a few more projects seem likely to break ground the first half of next year also...especially downtown. It's going to be great to witness the transformation of our skylines over the next few years. I can't wait to see when all these buildings are complete...and who knows what will be on the drawing boards by then, too.

• Like 2

It seems like things are just beginning to ramp up in Houston. As eventful as the next three months are going to be, quite a few more projects seem likely to break ground the first half of next year also...especially downtown. It's going to be great to witness the transformation of our skylines over the next few years. I can't wait to see when all these buildings are complete...and who knows what will be on the drawing boards by then, too.

Now that I look at the project list I made, we *may* see at least one project break ground each month from now on.

Astoria - dirt now moving

Energy Tower IV - crane recently went up

3737 Buffalo Speedway - breaks ground next month

Hermann Place - October

1500 Post Oak Blvd - November, supposedly before Thanksgiving break

2929 San Felipe - This Fall (dunno which month yet)

Energy Center IV - December

Then as you mentioned, a lot of projects for the first half of next year!

• Like 3

I was thinking that the other day but then again I am really not sure what kind of amenities luxury high rises have anyways. The only thing I can think of would be pool, sauna, spa, and workout room.

Restaurant or/and a bar.

Edited by TowerSpotter

In addition to banquet/meeting spaces, special discount hotel rooms, dry cleaners, dry storage, parcel delivery, delivery freight, dumpster/garbage collection, valet, put put green, beach volleyball court, convenience store, office space, security offices, nightclub, etc. and covered parking.

Edited by infinite_jim
  • Like 1

In addition to banquet/meeting spaces, special discount hotel rooms, dry cleaners, dry storage, parcel delivery, delivery freight, dumpster/garbage collection, valet, put put green, beach volleyball court, convenience store, office space, security offices, nightclub, etc. and covered parking.

That's it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does the COH or museum district not have information on this tower listed on a website for upcoming projects, like the Hines residential market square tower had all the information filed with the historical district and the COH? if its supposed to start next month youd think its gone through the proposal/approval phases and there would be some documentation of it? then again, nothing like that has ever been found/released for SkyHouse or 2929 Weslayan that i know of and those projects are well under way. im curious to know if Houston is going to have a new tallest residential building..

does the COH or museum district not have information on this tower listed on a website for upcoming projects, like the Hines residential market square tower had all the information filed with the historical district and the COH? if its supposed to start next month youd think its gone through the proposal/approval phases and there would be some documentation of it? then again, nothing like that has ever been found/released for SkyHouse or 2929 Weslayan that i know of and those projects are well under way. im curious to know if Houston is going to have a new tallest residential building..

Unlike the market square tower, I don't believe that this building requires any discretionary governmental approvals.

The land is already platted, so it doesn't need to go to the Planning Commission. It isn't in a historic protection district, so it doesn't need to go to the Archaeological and Historical Commission.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

to be fair it was september when i drove by. i was just hoping to see something in the field. hopefully it is still on schedule and starts soon.. weve got 3 more weeks in the month

I'm sure something will happen soon, but I wouldn't be worried if it doesn't start in October. A few projects (such as Astoria and 2929 Weslayan) were slightly off their projected construction start date.

• Like 1

I'm sure something will happen soon, but I wouldn't be worried if it doesn't start in October. A few projects (such as Astoria and 2929 Weslayan) were slightly off their projected construction start date.

This.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about most of these residential projects. Houston is one of the hottest real estate markets in the country, if not the hottest.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know.  I think there are some who question whether 609 Main will push projects like the Stream Realty/Essex Tower into the dinosaur heap.  And Hines, while not involved with this project, is actively building a 20-30 floor tower just 6 blocks north, and 6 blocks west of this projects site.