Farrago World Cuisine At 318 W. Gray St.

Chi-Char-Hou-Dal

http://blog.chron.com/29-95/2013/07/sadness-alert-farrago-world-cuisine-has-closed/

Wonder what will fill the spot? Arguably the best restaurant spot in Midtown - or atleast one of the most noticeable.

Personal experience, Farrago's was nice to have close by food was surprisingly good for someone with "world cuisine" in their name.

http://blog.chron.com/29-95/2013/07/sadness-alert-farrago-world-cuisine-has-closed/

Wonder what will fill the spot? Arguably the best restaurant spot in Midtown - or atleast one of the most noticeable.

Personal experience, Farrago's was nice to have close by food was surprisingly good for someone with "world cuisine" in their name.

Wow.......thats a shocker....

This was one of the worst restaurants I've ever been to. I've lived in Midtown for several years so I found myself going many times, usually not my decision. They had the worst service. On top of that, when I was there last time, they were blatantly racist to the black tables in my area. They also lied about running out of fish. They were obviuosly saving it for a bachelorette party. When they didnt order it, they said they had run to the store to get more. But it was magically cooked within 5 min. I could go on and on. I'm happy they are gone.

• Like 1

A friend of mine used to wait tables there, this was with the old owner around 3 years ago. He wasn't happy with the way things were run and left. Soon after I ran into the supposed new owner who came from Cali with his brother and bought it, we had a 15 minute conversation at the Webster dog park. I have been 4 times in the last 5 years, always for Sunday brunch but never had any problems with racism (with either mixed tables with mostly minorities or all minority - though not black - tables). Can't say I'll miss it but hope something good takes its place soon.

I'm not happy to hear about losing any tenant in Midtown, especially a tenant that resided below apartments, which is something that Houston already struggles with.

On  a side note,  The former Barcadia site hasn't filled its space yet either? 

Sad news for Midtown

it does seem off that Post would run off a paying tenant when a lot of their retail at the newest phase is still empty.  I suppose it could all be locked up and they just haven't started moving forward yet.

That spot where Barcadia is will be great if the Super Block is ever developed.

Does anyone know the status of the Super block or is the deal off? 

Last i heard, the Superblock Park was delayed construction until Spring 2014. But seeing Houston's history, that probably means delayed indefinitely. I'm suddenly reminded of Greenstreet downtown.

• 1 year later...

Chef of recently closed restaurant to lead new Midtown concept

The yet unnamed concept will be an izakaya — a Japanese version of tapas, offering a relaxed atmosphere where people can meet up, grab a drink and share small plates — located at 318 Gray at Bagby, which is the space formerly occupied by Farrago.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2014/09/chef-of-recently-closed-restaurant-to-lead-new.html

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Farrago World Cuisine
  • The title was changed to Farrago World Cuisine At 318 W. Gray St.