Sign in to follow this  
TowerSpotter

Porter/New Caney - Valley Ranch Master-Plan Community to be by highway 59 and the new Grand Parkway.

The Master-Planned Community will bring a town center, medical center, officesmultifamily homes, etc to the Porter/New Caney area. Tree's have already been cut down for Grand Parkway (visible to see on 59). The Grand Parkway will split the two sides of the community and will be 2 miles and a half south from the new Grand Texas Theme Park. 

post-11442-0-66456700-1374562881_thumb.j

post-11442-0-47511800-1374563054_thumb.j

Here is a picture of the site.( Notice trees have been cut on the left to make way for the Grand Parkway)

Ox5idqX.jpg

Edited by TowerSpotter

Latest Update

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/atascocita/news/construction-projects-continues-to-progress-in-east-montgomery-county/article_924305f8-82ca-5f9b-bfb8-3dbb15b9abad.html

Construction crews have already started preparing the area for the new roadway and there are lots of developments like the Valley Ranch Town Center and other entities that are eagerly awaiting more construction to the completed before they continue with their designs.

HOK is designing the Medical Center. 300,000 Sq ft of Medical Office Space Alone.

http://www.signorellicompany.com/main/vrmedical.html

HOK, a global design, architecture, and engineering and firm (www.hok.com), has been hired to design the Medical District project. The process is well underway. HOK brings global expertise with 24 offices around the world including offices in the major population centers of New York, Los Angeles, Houston, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Dubai, Singapore, and Vancouver.

HOK has substantial experience in all facets of the design and development process, delivering over two billion square feet of healthcare space. Among their most notable successes are the Baylor College of Medicine and many of the facilities operated by the HCA and Methodist hospital groups. In 2013 HOK was ranked #2 in Modern Healthcare’s survey for top architectural firms.

I'm very interested to see how the GP/99 extension over to 59 affects the sprawl. 

An interesting dynamic will play out in what happens to Porter between this and Kingwood. It has a chance to improve a lot. Hope that it does. 

Convention Center?!

Wow!  Not every town or suburb needs one, and if every town has one they become far less of an asset.

And if you click the link on the above link - there's a bigger book... in that book it lists Exxon Mobil "World Headquarters" on the map of North Houston.  Interesting.  Probably just marketing, but still interesting to see that.

http://issuu.com/hokmarketing/docs/vrmc_bookpdf_pages_highres/1

Edited by arche_757
  • Like 1

Oh yea I know, I hope we get an in-out-burger over here ;)

Oh, my friend. I have been praying to the burger gods for that. HTown will go crazy for those burgers!! My son works for them out in LA, while attending college. ( UCLA, yeah i am a proud papa) Great establishment!

• Like 1

I'm very interested to see how the GP/99 extension over to 59 affects the sprawl.

An interesting dynamic will play out in what happens to Porter between this and Kingwood. It has a chance to improve a lot. Hope that it does.

Well, I have some relatives that live in the Splendora/ Porter area. It's one of my least favorite places in the HTown metroplex; much too country for my taste. ( and not country in the good outdoors sort of way; more like redneck racist haven). Half of them welcome the new development/ Grand Texas Theme Park/ and all that will come with it. The other half are lamenting the Big City Ways about to decent upon their rural utopia. I think, like Katy, in 20 years, those who hold onto a more rural way of life and thinking will have either assimilated or moved away.

• Like 2

Well, I have some relatives that live in the Splendora/ Porter area. It's one of my least favorite places in the HTown metroplex; much too country for my taste. ( and not country in the good outdoors sort of way; more like redneck racist haven). Half of them welcome the new development/ Grand Texas Theme Park/ and all that will come with it. The other half are lamenting the Big City Ways about to decent upon their rural utopia. I think, like Katy, in 20 years, those who hold onto a more rural way of life and thinking will have either assimilated or moved away.

I recognize clearly what you are describing. Once surrounded by valuable development, one can hope that the trashiness gets priced out. 

There is some nasty stuff going on in more "rural" areas that most people in cities are not exposed to. Parts of Porter are prime examples of the worst of it. 

• Like 1

I recognize clearly what you are describing. Once surrounded by valuable development, one can hope that the trashiness gets priced out. 

There is some nasty stuff going on in more "rural" areas that most people in cities are not exposed to. Parts of Porter are prime examples of the worst of it. 

Among my cronies, we refer to that area as being "behind the Pine Curtain."

• Like 4

Among my cronies, we refer to that area as being "behind the Pine Curtain."

I will be shamelessly stealing that phrase, though I will give credit if asked. 

• Like 1

Please elaborate. I'm curious what you're talking about.

Please elaborate. I'm curious what you're talking about.

People living in derelict trailer homes that may or may not have utilities hooked up. A lot of petty crime and drugs. Kids dropping out of school, etc. Pathologies of urban ghettos spread out a bit on country dirt instead of city streets.

People living in derelict trailer homes that may or may not have utilities hooked up. A lot of petty crime and drugs. Kids dropping out of school, etc. Pathologies of urban ghettos spread out a bit on country dirt instead of city streets.

Not to quibble, but except for the trailer homes, you just described almost every neighborhood in Houston.

I kind of understand what y'all are saying, but it also makes me feel a little uneasy, like the phrase "poor white trash" does. Admittedly, something happens when you go northeast of Houston that doesn't happen in quite the same way when you go west or northwest, though with plenty of exceptions.

Not to quibble, but except for the trailer homes, you just described almost every neighborhood in Houston.

I kind of understand what y'all are saying, but it also makes me feel a little uneasy, like the phrase "poor white trash" does. Admittedly, something happens when you go northeast of Houston that doesn't happen in quite the same way when you go west or northwest, though with plenty of exceptions.

That was kind of my point. It is a bad neighborhood in spots. I just get the impression that the national debate about bad neighborhoods is limited to those in cities.

Everything bad that goes on there, with a few exceptions made possible/impractical by space constraints, goes on out in the wrong part of the sticks too.

Kingwood Medical Center has expanded significantly in the past 5 years. 2 new full service hospitals seems too much, but so does an acute care/standalone walk-in clinic on every major corner.

New Caney's Valley Ranch Town Center is billed as a major epicenter for fun and activity will bring shopping, dining and entertainment to residents of Valley Ranch within minutes. A total of 1.5 million square feet of shops and restaurants is planned, plus a 10,000-seat amphitheater, a multi-attraction entertainment venue, 1,000 multi-family residences and the newly-opened 8,500-seat Texan Drive Stadium at New Caney ISD.

From The Signorelli Company's website:

Valley Ranch Town Center

Porter, TX

With the opening of the Grand Parkway at the entrance to Valley Ranch set for completion early this year, ground was recently broken for Valley Ranch Town Center, a new retail district inside the master-planned community of Valley Ranch, a 1,400-acre community ideally situated at the intersection of US 59/69 and the Grand Parkway just north of Kingwood. The Town Center will not only be a convenient amenity for residents of Valley Ranch, but also a regional draw for the entire 59 corridor in northeast Houston.

The 240-acre Valley Ranch Town Center will encompass approximately 1.5 million square feet of retail. The new development will be anchored by Sam’s Club and a popular grocery store chain along with other major ‘big box’ retailers and smaller shops, restaurants, a multi-attraction cinema and a 10,000-seat amphitheater. Town Grove, a 135-acre park enhanced by a chain of seven lakes will border the Town Center, bringing the beauty of nature into this new urban village. Texan Drive Stadium, a state-of-the-art New Caney ISD football stadium featuring the largest Texas high-school jumbotron, is also located within Valley Ranch Town Center.

• 240-acre mixed-use development
  • Shopping, dining, entertainment
  • Bordered by Town Grove, a 135-acre park with seven lakes
  • Sam’s Club signed on as anchor
  • Big box retail, shops, restaurants, multi-attraction cinema, 10,000-seat amphitheater
  • Texan Drive Stadium, state-of-the-art New Caney ISD football stadium

27145900911_96a05c7681_o.png

Here's the site plan (an archived link as well).

26939721000_830aa60b9a_h.jpg

Announced Tenants:                                LIVE FEED:
Kroger Marketplace®                                Live Feed: Valley Ranch Town Center Contruction
Academy Sports + Outdoors                         Username: vrtccamview
Sam's Club                                              Password: vrtccamview
Chili's
El Pollo Loco
Chick-fil-a
Freebirds
Sports Clips
Supercuts
GNC
Subway
Nails of America
T. Jin's Asian Café

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

From Bisnow:

Houston's Largest Retail Development Will be Anchored By...High School Football?

Retail is hot in Houston, but not as hot as high school football. At Valley Ranch Town Center in New Caney, you don't have to choose. The massive retail development is being built around the recently completed Texan Drive Stadium, transforming the area into the perfect spot for a Friday night.

With the opening of the Grand Parkway at the entrance to the new 1,400-acre master planned community Valley Ranch, work began on the enormous Valley Ranch Town Center. The project is being spearheaded by Signorelli and executed by Arch-Con Construction. The 240-acre development will encompass 1.5M SF of retail next to a 10,000-seat amphitheater alongside New Caney's recently completed state-of-the-art high school football stadium. 

The stadium pictured above seats about 8,500 fans and cost the city a reported $20M. The crown jewel of the stadium is Texas’ largest video board in high school football, behind the south end zone. The 1,400 SF freestanding video board will be operated by the D.R.E.A.M. team–a group of specially trained New Caney ISD students.

According to Arch-Con's Marc MacConnell, a number of retail heavyweights are moving in to benefit from the popularity of high school football in Texas. The development has already signed on Sam's Club, Kroger, Academy Sports + Outdoors, Chili's and Chick-fil-A. A multi-attraction cinema will also be included, though details of the operator have not been released.  

The 10,000-seat amphitheater (pictured), reminiscent of Cynthia Mitchell Woods Pavilion, will be adjacent to the stadium on over 14 acres of beautifully landscaped space. Signorelli situated the development adjacent to Town Grove, a 135-acre park enhanced by a chain of seven lakes, bringing the beauty of nature into the urban village.

Such a bold vision may seem like a crazy idea in New Caney. Locals (and Signorelli's Danny Signorelli, pictured) don't think so. Projections show there will be 80,000 residents within a five-mile radius with an average household income of $78k by 2018. In a 15-mile radius, those numbers shoot up to 638,000 residents at an average household income of $84k. Daily traffic counts project 70,000 vehicles passing by on the Grand Parkway with another 73,000 on US 59. With numbers like that, the retail development will likely be a touchdown. Locals hope the New Caney Eagles follow suit.   

26940367710_165009d21b_b.jpg

26940367720_0c3175a649_o.jpg

26940367730_81ee95acc4_o.jpg
Entertainment District

26940367740_e25af84d61_o.jpg
Amphitheater

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 1

Wow.  Right now development really peters out past Kingwood - now it will probably infill back down 59, sort of like Katy at 99

Hobby Lobby is another retailer opening here. From Houston Business Journal:

Hobby Lobby has signed on as the fourth major anchor tenant in The Signorelli Co.’s Valley Ranch Town Center, a mixed-use development at the intersection of U.S. 59 and the Grand Parkway just north of Kingwood.

The Oklahoma City-based crafts and home decor retailer will take 55,000 square feet, and site work has already begun, The Woodlands-based Signorelli announced May 26.

Eric Walker of Capital Retail represented Signorelli, and Hobby Lobby was represented by Scott Shillings of Riverway Retail.

Last August, Signorelli revealed it signed Houston-based Academy Sports + Outdoors as an anchor tenant, joining other anchor tenants Kroger Marketplace and Sam’s Club, which are all well underway and plan to open this fall. The Kroger Marketplace broke ground in October.

Valley Ranch Town Center, which broke ground in April 2014, is a 240-acre mixed-use development within Signorelli’s Valley Ranch, a 1,400-acre master-planned community.

Town Center will include other big box retailers, junior anchors, smaller shops, restaurants, a movie theater, a 10,000-seat amphitheater and a multifamily component. There will be approximately 1.5 million square feet of retail space once it’s complete.

Town Center also includes New Caney Independent School District’s football stadium, Texan Drive Stadium, which opened in September 2014. The stadium serves as a venue for communitywide special events.

The retail district will be bordered by a 135-acre park called Town Grove.

The first phase of Town Center, designed by Houston-based CDA Architects, is expected to open between September 2016 and the first quarter of 2017.

Signorelli, which began buying land for Valley Ranch back in 2000, previously told the Houston Business Journal that the development is geared toward transforming the sleepy northeast Houston suburb into a regional destination.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TowerSpotter said:

existing thread here bud.

4 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Threads merged.

Thanks. I searched the forum before starting the thread and it didn't come up. I searched under Valley Ranch Town Center not Valley Ranch but thanks!

• Like 1