lockmat

Uptown Park Renovations

9 hours ago, LBC2HTX said:

Nope. Great addition. 

Also news that Revolution studios will be moving in next door to the Rustic, and that they’ll be giving Belvedere the boot. 

Thanks for catching that! I missed it. 

I had many good time at the Belvedere. I don't think it's like what it used to be, but I'll miss its presence. 

• Like 1

WOW! The Rustic!?!? I wonder if there is anyway to fit in their famous indoor/outdoor space? I am trying to remember if adjacent to the right or behind it has any space? 

If it is going to be the same format as Dallas and Downtown Houston then this is huge news...would love to walk to The Rustic for music (and food etc)!

• Like 1

Another addition to Uptown Park in Houston:

A restaurant from J. Alexander's. The article does not detail if it's J/ Alexander's or a new restaurant from the group.

J. Alexander’s Holdings, Inc., owner and operator of a collection of upscale restaurants, has signed a lease to open a new J. Alexander’s/Grill restaurant in Houston, TX.

Lonnie J. Stout II, President and Chief Executive Officer of J. Alexander’s Holdings, Inc., said the new restaurant will be located at 1180 Uptown Park Boulevard in Uptown Park. Plans for the new restaurant call for approximately 8,000 square feet with seating for 200 guests. Approximately 90 full and part time professionals will be employed to operate the restaurant.

“We're pleased to announce plans for our newest J. Alexander’s/Grill restaurant,” Stout said. “The signing of this lease culminates months of extensive research to identify a premier site in Houston. We expect to begin construction immediately with an opening currently scheduled for the fourth quarter of this year.”

The J. Alexander’s/Grill restaurant in Houston is being designed by Shea Architects, Inc., Minneapolis, MN.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/4201408

I guess we now know what will be replacing the space formerly occupied by Arturo's and Anejo's.

Still think Ninfa's would have been a better fit despite what the landlord's thought. 

I am excited about Ninfa's opening at Uptown Blvd of course...

On 12/28/2017 at 4:43 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Here is where Flower Child will be located in Uptown Park. The address is 1101-06 Uptown Park Blvd, replacing clothing store BB1 Classic.
tTJhLJB.jpg

(direct link to site plan, shows full, non-compressed size: https://i.imgur.com/tTJhLJB.jpg )

https://edens.com/centers/TX/Houston/Uptown-Park

On 3/3/2019 at 2:25 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Updated site plan for Uptown Park shopping center in Houston.

Moving into the Champps restaurant and bar unit is The Rustic from FreeRange Concepts. It's the second in Houston.

Mendocino Farms will go in Building B, across the way from the Rustic in Uptown Park Houston.

v0iRdaO.jpg

(direct link to site plan, shows full,  non-compressed size: https://i.imgur.com/v0iRdaO.jpg )

19 hours ago, gene said:

I guess we now know what will be replacing the space formerly occupied by Arturo's and Anejo's.

Still think Ninfa's would have been a better fit despite what the landlord's thought. 

You are right, @gene. The J. Alexander's Houston restaurant is replacing Lasco Enterprises'  Añejo Tex-Mex restaurant in Uptown Park, 1180 Uptown Park Blvd, Ste 1. And from the site plans, J. Alexander's also leased the space next to it. It was Serente Spa, 1180 Uptown Park Blvd, Ste 4. Together, the near total square footage is 8,000 sq ft, as in the press release above.

I agree with you on Original Ninfa's. It would be a better fit. BLVD Place is a pain to enter and park. I don't have data to back this, but looking from the outside in, BLVD Place is not as high traffic as Uptown Park.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

#agreed!!! 👊

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

Riding my bike by yesterday i realized that the true ideal location for Ninfas would have been the old Willie G's location on Post Oak Blvd...I wonder what is going to happen there?

The old Anejo location is pretty much directly across the street from McCormick & Schmick's which is Steak and Seafood...just like J. Alexander.... do we really need 2 steak and seafood places in Uptown Park? (Plus of course there is Mastro's just a block or so away)...

Hopefully J. Alexander creates a new concept for this location...(it does state in the article earlier that it could be a new restaurant from the group).

Guess we shall wait and see...

• Like 2

Thought this article was really interesting...i have included the part about Uptown Park:

At Uptown Park, a 160-acre retail center in the northern portion of the district, developer Edens is focused on enhancing the placemaking, Edens Managing Director Tom Kiler said.  "The buildings didn't speak to each other," he said. "Uptown is interesting because it has a history. People know it. We feel like we must evolve and bring new life to it."    Uptown Park features new places where customers can sit, relax and people-watch or use public WiFi, Kiler said. The public spaces will also be infused with local art to bring another level of authenticity to the property.   The lineup of new tenants will not only complement the current tenants, but also provide additional reasons to visit, Kiler said. Potential new concepts include restaurants, health and beauty retailers, home goods, a movie theater, a sports bar or a local partnership related to performing arts. Uptown Park is currently 91% leased, according to Edens.  Edens will soon announce a boutique fitness concept that will bring another level of activity to the property that previously didn’t exist, Kiler said. “The morning is a time where we have been historically quiet,” he said. “[The gym] will bring some energy in the morning, mid-morning and, with all the office buildings, an after-work crowd.” 

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/retail/known-as-a-retail-stronghold-uptown-houston-point-to-connectivity-as-the-key-next-step-98184?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, LBC2HTX said:

they’ll be giving Belvedere the boot.

A coffee shop will probably replace Belvedere, the club and lounge in Uptown Park.

I don't know the accuracy of this, but it may be a craft coffee shop in Houston that's expanding with another storefront.

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2018 at 6:29 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Another rendering of the proposed renovation to EDEN's Uptown Park in Houston.

From PaperCity magazine

wj7P80M.jpg

More renderings here and here and here.

A higher res image of the rendering:

vv4DVXy.jpg

(direct link to non-compressed, full-sized image: link)

On 3/3/2019 at 2:29 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

An updated brochure of Uptown Park shopping center in Houston.

http://properties.edens.com/property/output/document/view/id:1203

More renderings of exterior renovations from the brochure 

ekrSqhI.jpg

A fuller view of the rendering posted earlier this year of Uptown Park's renovation. This comes from an updated leasing brochure:

http://properties.edens.com/property/output/document/view/id:1404 (archive link)

hrMrIP7.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2019 at 11:44 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Another addition to Uptown Park in Houston:

A restaurant from J. Alexander's. The article does not detail if it's J/ Alexander's or a new restaurant from the group.

J. Alexander’s Holdings, Inc., owner and operator of a collection of upscale restaurants, has signed a lease to open a new J. Alexander’s/Grill restaurant in Houston, TX.

Lonnie J. Stout II, President and Chief Executive Officer of J. Alexander’s Holdings, Inc., said the new restaurant will be located at 1180 Uptown Park Boulevard in Uptown Park. Plans for the new restaurant call for approximately 8,000 square feet with seating for 200 guests. Approximately 90 full and part time professionals will be employed to operate the restaurant.

“We're pleased to announce plans for our newest J. Alexander’s/Grill restaurant,” Stout said. “The signing of this lease culminates months of extensive research to identify a premier site in Houston. We expect to begin construction immediately with an opening currently scheduled for the fourth quarter of this year.”

The J. Alexander’s/Grill restaurant in Houston is being designed by Shea Architects, Inc., Minneapolis, MN.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/4201408

On 3/11/2019 at 12:02 PM, gene said:

On 3/12/2019 at 7:43 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

You are right, @gene. The J. Alexander's Houston restaurant is replacing Lasco Enterprises'  Añejo Tex-Mex restaurant in Uptown Park, 1180 Uptown Park Blvd, Ste 1. And from the site plans, J. Alexander's also leased the space next to it. It was Serente Spa, 1180 Uptown Park Blvd, Ste 4. Together, the near total square footage is 8,000 sq ft, as in the press release above.

I agree with you on Original Ninfa's. It would be a better fit. BLVD Place is a pain to enter and park. I don't have data to back this, but looking from the outside in, BLVD Place is not as high traffic as Uptown Park.

From the updated site plan above and the Uptown Houston page on Eden's website, the J. Alexander's restaurant has a name.

The name is Merus Grill.

On the Uptown Houston page on Eden's website, it's listed as Merus Grill by J Alexander's Restaurant.

There is a website for Merus Grill that redirects to J. Alexander's Holdings.
http://www.merusgrill.com/

And there are trademark applications for Merus Grill dating back to 2015 .
https://trademark.trademarkia.com/merus-grill-86719419.html

https://properties.edens.com/properties/uptownpark  (archive link)

Zoomed site plan with Merus Grill

yogCtuO.jpg

• Like 1

I see the words/business The Rustic have been replaced with the words Lease Pending... (250)

It seems they have gutted out the whole space and it has been at a stand still for the past month. I am hoping this comes to fruition...I am excited about having this so close by!

and Merus Grill has completely gutted their space and even the entire facade is gone...so they are getting to work on this pretty quick!

3 minutes ago, gene said:

I see the words/business The Rustic have been replaced with the words Lease Pending... (250)

It seems they have gutted out the whole space and it has been at a stand still for the past month. I am hoping this comes to fruition...I am excited about having this so close by!

The Rustic is still in play for Uptown Park Houston. It was removed from the site plan when I posted the updated site plan a month or so ago. But it was still shown on the site plan in the brochure. I think Eden Properties removed it because they didn't want it leaked to the public yet.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

The Rustic is still in play for Uptown Park Houston. It was removed from the site plan when I posted the updated site plan a month or so ago. But it was still shown on the site plan in the brochure. I think Eden Properties removed it because they didn't want it leaked to the public yet.

That is incredible news!!!

And I looked at the J Alexander website. I have to say I don't particularly like the name Merus Grill. Not sure why, I just don't...haha! (it actually sounds like it would be a mediterranean place for some reason) Hopefully they re-think the name...as i actually don't mind the other business names they have!

• Like 3

On 4/30/2019 at 10:49 AM, gene said:

And I looked at the J Alexander website. I have to say I don't particularly like the name Merus Grill. Not sure why, I just don't...haha! (it actually sounds like it would be a mediterranean place for some reason) Hopefully they re-think the name...as i actually don't mind the other business names they have!

I'm in agreement with you. The name Merus Grill turns me off for some reason. 

• Like 1

v0iRdaO.jpg

Also news that Revolution studios will be moving in next door to the Rustic.

EDENS announced the fitness studio and another addition this morning to Uptown Park in Houston.

Ethan Allen, a national furniture purveyor with retail showrooms locally owned and operated by the Chesnick family for over 50 years, will relocate their existing Galleria-area Design Center to Uptown Park. The 11,595 square foot Design Center, opening this fall, will provide a unique, urban aesthetic designed with an array of vignettes to inspire clients plus accessible touchscreens and workstations where Ethan Allen designers partner with clients utilizing 3-D space planning.

Revolution Studio, a Houston-based boutique fitness studio offering yoga, cycle, and strength classes, will debut their fourth Houston-area location at Uptown Park. The 3,400 square-foot fitness sanctuary will feature 56 bikes in a stadium-style cycle room with an adjacent studio to house strength classes and heated Vinyasa yoga.

"Our clients have long asked us to open a studio closer to the uptown neighborhood," said Kim Syma, Owner of Revolution Studio. "Partnering with EDENS and bringing our high-energy cycle, creative Vinyasa yoga, and HIIT strength classes to Uptown Park will offer convenient access to over 75 classes a week at Houston's most sought-after fitness studio."

Also from the press release:

EDENS, a retail real estate owner, operator and developer with more than 125 retail places nationally, continues to redefine retail destinations in Houston with the addition of two new retail partners at the newly transformed Uptown Park— a vibrant collection of shops, restaurants, experiences and services located in the heart of uptown Houston.

Redevelopment of Uptown Park began in March of 2018 and included updating all building façades for a clean aesthetic, maximizing storefronts and brightening the exterior colors to modernize the consumer experience. Trellises now span the property and provide shaded walkways that connect the buildings for pedestrians. Parking has been reconfigured to accommodate outdoor conversation areas for guests to unwind and socialize, as well as improved walkability and safety. Colorful custom seating from local East Downtown fabricator RootLab and public Wi-Fi have also been installed throughout the property.

"We know Uptown Park serves as a hub for the best shopping and dining available in Houston and the redevelopment completion creates a vibrant and better-connected environment for our community," said Tom Kiler, Managing Director of EDENS. "We are thrilled to bring new concepts to Uptown and expand the neighborhood's options in our reenergized, pedestrian-friendly district."

Ethan Allen and Revolution Studio join a growing list of new retailers at Uptown Park. Rejuvenation, a Williams-Sonoma company offering classic American lighting, furniture, hardware and décor, opened the first Texas store location in November. Flower Child, an Arizona-based health-food restaurant by Fox Restaurant Concepts, opened in September. Uptown Sushi, an upscale local sushi restaurant open for over ten years, underwent a complete restaurant renovation and reopened in February. J. Alexander's, a Nashville-based restaurant known for their distinctive cuisine, will open their grill featuring a wide selection of American classics during the fourth quarter of this year. Mendocino Farms, a Southern California-based premium fast-casual concept, will open their chef-driven sandwich and salad restaurant later this summer.

"We will continue to bring new dining, fitness, entertainment and shopping concepts to our customers at Uptown Park past the initial phase of redevelopment. Paired with our commitment to enriching this great community, we are excited to keep creating stronger connections to the surrounding neighborhoods and adjacent open space," continued Kiler.

Current retailers, restaurants and services open at Uptown Park include Araya Chocolate, Bill Walker Clothier, Café Express, Carrie Ann, Ceron Hair Studio, Crave Cupcakes, Drybar, E*Trade, Elizabeth Anthony, Embajadores Fine Cigars, Etoile Cuisine et Bar, Flower Child, Francesca's, High Gloss, Lewis Jewelers, Linda's Couture Alterations, LOFT, Longoria Collection, Lucho Boutique, M Penner, McCormick & Schmick's, Potbelly Sandwich Works, Rejuvenation, Songkran Thai Kitchen, Starbucks Coffee, The Tasting Room, Top Drawer Lingerie, Uptown Park Dental, Utopia Plastic Surgery & Medspa.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/edens-completes-redevelopment-of-uptown-park-and-delivers-a-boutique-fitness-studio-and-furniture-design-showroom-300846705.html

• Like 2

Also news... that they’ll be giving Belvedere the boot. 

On 4/30/2019 at 7:28 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

A coffee shop will probably replace Belvedere, the club and lounge in Uptown Park.

I don't know the accuracy of this, but it may be a craft coffee shop in Houston that's expanding with another storefront.

From building permits, Giant Leap Coffee is the coffee shop that may be opening in place of Belvedere, the club and lounge in Uptown Park.

This is a craft coffee shop in Houston's East End.

http://www.giantleapcoffee.com/

• Like 2

SUPER interesting about Ethan Allen's move CPG! 

What do you think will become of their existing building? I always thought that corner of Post Oak and Westheimer was prime and underused space! Wow! Big news! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Moving into the Champps restaurant and bar unit is The Rustic from FreeRange Concepts. It's the second in Houston.

Mendocino Farms will go in Building B, across the way from the Rustic in Uptown Park Houston.

v0iRdaO.jpg

On 3/3/2019 at 3:44 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Did we already know about the rustic going in where the old champs used to be ?

On 3/4/2019 at 3:14 PM, gene said:

WOW! The Rustic!?!? I wonder if there is anyway to fit in their famous indoor/outdoor space? I am trying to remember if adjacent to the right or behind it has any space? 

If it is going to be the same format as Dallas and Downtown Houston then this is huge news...would love to walk to The Rustic for music (and food etc)!

On 4/30/2019 at 9:57 AM, gene said:

On 4/30/2019 at 10:03 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

20 minutes ago, LBC2HTX said:

HBJ reporting that permits for the Rustic have been filed and the project is underway:

The Rustic, which already has a downtown location, plans to open its second Houston location in Uptown Park. 

Records filed with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation show a project called The Rustic Uptown & The Copper Club is being built at 1121 Uptown Park Blvd., Building A. 

The filing lists a cost of $2.4 million for the project. Irving, Texas-based Idstudio4 is listed as the design firm of record, and national real estate firm Edens, which owns Uptown Park, is listed as the owner. 

Randy Barnett, studio director at Idstudio4, confirmed to commercial real estate publication CoStar that the project is underway. According to CoStar, the location will be two stories and 14,000 square feet and is replacing the Champps sports bar that closed in 2016.

A spokesperson for Dallas-based FreeRange Concepts, which owns The Rustic concept, said that the company has no comment at this time. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/05/20/country-stars-music-venue-and-eatery-plans-second.html

Good someone is reporting this. I wonder why are the news reporting on this now? 

There was no press release for this, but permits were filed for this last year and several months ago. And The Rustic was on the site map in February and March. This is why I rely on HAIF to keep me up to date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, LBC2HTX said:

HBJ reporting that permits for the Rustic have been filed and the project is underway

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/05/20/country-stars-music-venue-and-eatery-plans-second.html

😮🤩😍 best update today!!!!

3 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Good someone is reporting this. I wonder why are the news reporting on this now? 

There was no press release for this, but permits were filed for this last year and several months ago. And The Rustic was on the site map in February and March. This is why I rely on HAIF to keep me up to date.

haha! I gotta say...i am so excited about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the updates!

It is showing 310 (Belvedere) available still...I wonder how long it will take for them to even announce they are closing...

and lastly, that entire building B is almost all available...(except Mendocino Farms)...I am not too surprised that Miss Academy must be moving out as that was just an unusual and seemingly always vacant business...but am surprised that Ethan Allen didn't try to make that almost whole stand alone building theirs.

Can we have at least one of these spaces be a part of the world domination that is Voodoo Donuts?! 🍩🤩

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, houstontexasjack said:

Curiously, Ziegler Cooper has updated their website to reflect the site of “Building B” above as “Gables Uptown Park.” Previously, they had that structure under a generic “Confidential Mixed Use” label:

http://zieglercooper.com/gables-uptown-park/

This was cancelled back in March 2015, when the new owners acquired AmREIT.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/03/new-owner-hits-pause-on-uptown-parks-1b.html

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 10:16 AM, gene said:

It is showing 310 (Belvedere) available still...I wonder how long it will take for them to even announce they are closing...

and lastly, that entire building B is almost all available...(except Mendocino Farms)...I am not too surprised that Miss Academy must be moving out as that was just an unusual and seemingly always vacant business...but am surprised that Ethan Allen didn't try to make that almost whole stand alone building theirs.

Can we have at least one of these spaces be a part of the world domination that is Voodoo Donuts?! 🍩🤩

I guess Eden Properties isn't ready to broadcast some of the spaces marked available have been leased or new tenants are in lease negotiations.

The spaces for Ethan Allen, The Rustic and a handful of others were marked available, but were filled as we know now (and was shared to HAIF before Eden sent press releases out). I think that's the same here.

Belvedere's space has been claimed (posted above for those who missed it). It's only a matter of time before Houston Chronicle or CultureMap get a hold of the news and run their obits for the club. Then Houston Business Journal, PaperCity and probably local news will run with it since whatever restaurant or bar news that's shared thousands of times (or shows interest on Reddit or HAIF) is stolen and reported on their station without providing their source.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

This was cancelled back in March 2015, when the new owners acquired AmREIT.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/03/new-owner-hits-pause-on-uptown-parks-1b.html

I recall seeing that. However, at that time, the design for this tower was labeled as “Confidential Mixed Use” on the Ziegler Cooper website. It now has the label “Gables Uptown Park,” suggesting the possibility that this particular tower may have been revived—4 year’s have passed since Edens acquired the site after all. Time enough for some re-evaluation of market conditions. 😊

Last night i rode my bike through Uptown Park and work has begun at Mendocino Farms! The location is now totally fenced in and workers were inside doing some work on the empty space...and they have stripped off the exterior to redo that as well!

• Like 1