Sign in to follow this  
lockmat

Uptown Park Renovations

9 hours ago, LBC2HTX said:

Nope. Great addition. 

Also news that Revolution studios will be moving in next door to the Rustic, and that they’ll be giving Belvedere the boot. 

Thanks for catching that! I missed it. 

I had many good time at the Belvedere. I don't think it's like what it used to be, but I'll miss its presence. 

WOW! The Rustic!?!? I wonder if there is anyway to fit in their famous indoor/outdoor space? I am trying to remember if adjacent to the right or behind it has any space? 

If it is going to be the same format as Dallas and Downtown Houston then this is huge news...would love to walk to The Rustic for music (and food etc)!

• Like 1

Another addition to Uptown Park in Houston:

A restaurant from J. Alexander's. The article does not detail if it's J/ Alexander's or a new restaurant from the group.

J. Alexander’s Holdings, Inc., owner and operator of a collection of upscale restaurants, has signed a lease to open a new J. Alexander’s/Grill restaurant in Houston, TX.

Lonnie J. Stout II, President and Chief Executive Officer of J. Alexander’s Holdings, Inc., said the new restaurant will be located at 1180 Uptown Park Boulevard in Uptown Park. Plans for the new restaurant call for approximately 8,000 square feet with seating for 200 guests. Approximately 90 full and part time professionals will be employed to operate the restaurant.

“We're pleased to announce plans for our newest J. Alexander’s/Grill restaurant,” Stout said. “The signing of this lease culminates months of extensive research to identify a premier site in Houston. We expect to begin construction immediately with an opening currently scheduled for the fourth quarter of this year.”

The J. Alexander’s/Grill restaurant in Houston is being designed by Shea Architects, Inc., Minneapolis, MN.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/4201408

I guess we now know what will be replacing the space formerly occupied by Arturo's and Anejo's.

Still think Ninfa's would have been a better fit despite what the landlord's thought. 

I am excited about Ninfa's opening at Uptown Blvd of course...

On 12/28/2017 at 4:43 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Here is where Flower Child will be located in Uptown Park. The address is 1101-06 Uptown Park Blvd, replacing clothing store BB1 Classic.
tTJhLJB.jpg

(direct link to site plan, shows full, non-compressed size: https://i.imgur.com/tTJhLJB.jpg )

https://edens.com/centers/TX/Houston/Uptown-Park

On 3/3/2019 at 2:25 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Updated site plan for Uptown Park shopping center in Houston.

Moving into the Champps restaurant and bar unit is The Rustic from FreeRange Concepts. It's the second in Houston.

Mendocino Farms will go in Building B, across the way from the Rustic in Uptown Park Houston.

v0iRdaO.jpg

(direct link to site plan, shows full,  non-compressed size: https://i.imgur.com/v0iRdaO.jpg )

19 hours ago, gene said:

I guess we now know what will be replacing the space formerly occupied by Arturo's and Anejo's.

Still think Ninfa's would have been a better fit despite what the landlord's thought. 

I am excited about Ninfa's opening at Uptown Blvd of course...

You are right, @gene. The J. Alexander's Houston restaurant is replacing Lasco Enterprises'  Añejo Tex-Mex restaurant in Uptown Park, 1180 Uptown Park Blvd, Ste 1. And from the site plans, J. Alexander's also leased the space next to it. It was Serente Spa, 1180 Uptown Park Blvd, Ste 4. Together, the near total square footage is 8,000 sq ft, as in the press release above.

I agree with you on Original Ninfa's. It would be a better fit. BLVD Place is a pain to enter and park. I don't have data to back this, but looking from the outside in, BLVD Place is not as high traffic as Uptown Park.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

#agreed!!! 👊

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

Riding my bike by yesterday i realized that the true ideal location for Ninfas would have been the old Willie G's location on Post Oak Blvd...I wonder what is going to happen there?

The old Anejo location is pretty much directly across the street from McCormick & Schmick's which is Steak and Seafood...just like J. Alexander.... do we really need 2 steak and seafood places in Uptown Park? (Plus of course there is Mastro's just a block or so away)...

Hopefully J. Alexander creates a new concept for this location...(it does state in the article earlier that it could be a new restaurant from the group).

Guess we shall wait and see...

• Like 1