John Culberson killed University Line Light Rail

This really doesn't make sense, it wasn't a necessary move but just something to agitate supporters of the line. I'm not sure if his stance is at his own insistence or of Afton Oaks, or both, but it's frustrating all the way around.

I know, I talk to Council Member Costello.  He said the city, county, and METRO are talking to build the line without the government.  Dallas DART has now 90 miles of lights rail.  The most in the country.  They have to lowest ridership in the country.  I try it from empty downtown Dallas to Plano and it took 1 hours and forty minutes.  We just need light rail within the loop, and then connect to commuter rail to the suburbs. Maybe Qanell X my have an option!  :lol:

• Like 1

Why is this in "Planes?"

LRT - A?

I'm pretty sure there will have to be a serious rethinking of the entire University Line EIS if the Line is going completely airborne

On the other hand, the people bitching the loudest about the need for grade separation will be very pleased

I can't really envision the connections to the Red Line at Wheeler Station, but then I'm not an engineer

Edited by IHB2
  • Like 1

I know, I talk to Council Member Costello. He said the city, county, and METRO are talking to build the line without the government. Dallas DART has now 90 miles of lights rail. The most in the country. They have to lowest ridership in the country. I try it from empty downtown Dallas to Plano and it took 1 hours and forty minutes. We just need light rail within the loop, and then connect to commuter rail to the suburbs. Maybe Qanell X my have an option! :lol:

I took dart to Richardson from downtown took about 25 minutes, but that's closer to Plano. Someone posted a rumor on here that metro would build university line to the edge of Culberson's district anyway.

• 1 month later...

On the other hand, freeways and freeway contractors don't go on strike and foul up everybody's commute.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/01/us/california-bart-strike

Yeah, but a bad driver in an eighteen wheeler with a load of pipe can sure put a halt to your commute

also.

I don't think Metro has ever shut down its buses because of a strike.

You cannot really kill something that wasn't on the agenda. That being said, Culberson had his hand in killing the U Line several years ago. And, he will attempt to kill it in the future. He is quite the douchebag.

Can we get this asshole out of office already? Hes right up there with Tom Delay on my Houston politician sh-t list. This crap with them holding up Houston rail for their own personal gain has been going on far too long, enough is enough.

This is how I feel every time I hear about him having a hand in holding back rail in Houston:

Edit: weird, I cant see the youtube I posted??

Edited by Howard Huge
  • Like 2