Retail At 1000 West Gray St.

HoustonMidtown

Yes visibility is bad there. But if we're going to attack that problem in Houston we only have about 45,000 other structures to get working on.

They have changed the layout of the entrance to allow more visibility...

http://swamplot.com/pushing-the-pizza-back-a-bit-from-montrose-blvd/2013-09-03/

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

While driving by the building a few weeks ago, I have noticed that there are some burn marks towards the middle of the building. I'm assuming this place caught on fire in the distant past.

Southwestern Paint had a pretty big fire, i believe it was in 2011, i lived 2 building down at the time. They did reopen, then they moved soon after (to Taft), same time Bobbit Glass moved.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This has been up since December but i forgot to post. Pizzaros painted sign on the W Gray side.

Also saw a few weeks ago that two large pizza ovens were brought in. They are slowly working on the inside.

post-376-0-45923400-1421460817_thumb.jpg

Edited by skwatra

Kinda curious as to why pizaros didn't take the corner cap... Seems like that would've been the more desirable option with great exposure. Probably just a function of mattress firm wanting it more but who knows.

What makes you think its permenant? Looks temporary to me

• 3 months later...

Noticed the space on the east end of this building was split in half and they have started working insulation and bare bones type items in the end location. No sign of who will be going in. Nourish is taking up the spot second from the end, so it looks like there will be another tenant at the end.

Also Mattress Firm has a bike rack. Very useful (kidding I know its shared for all the retailers but just love that I can walk and bike to another mattress store!).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nourish is open.

The end spot has a permit up, it says "TC by MS FIELDS" and i saw some architectural drawings inside that had both TCBY and Mrs. Fields logos on it. I didn't even know TCBY still existed or that Mrs Fields bought it.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Montrose Blvd. At W. Gray
  • The title was changed to Retail At 1000 West Gray St.