Gordy & Sons Outfitters At 22 Waugh Dr.

houstonfella

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an invasion! Think about the amount of traffic this will bring! Think about the jobs that will be lost when they have to tear down the outdated existing building! Why should I get a closer convenient Walma-- I mean, why should I get a closer convenient job! This will undoubtedly improve the infrastructure on the surrounding streets but I prefer to find the potholes and cracks to be historic! I hate progress. I absolutely hate it. 

It's clean, I like it.

Why would Stream build this on a spec basis when they haven't even obtained enough tenants for their downtown site? Different markets/price points?

That probably has more to do with it than anything else but a 25 story building with 220,000 SF is a much safer bet than a 40-50 story tower with 800,000+SF.  

I think it's safe to assume this is a direct result of the Walmart opening up the street.  It's really transforming the area :)

So this will most likely take up the NW corner I would guess?

I know Walmart isn't a "cool" development and can't say that this is the motive for development in the area, but between the strip mall developments and apts near the railroad this is a pretty nice infill.

• 4 weeks later...

Austin Commercial has been verbally awarded 22 Waugh, a new 22-story boutique office building for Stream Realty. The $40 million, 220,000-square-foot project is located just west of downtown Houston at the corner of Waugh & Washington, and features 11 stories of office building on top of 11 levels of parking. Preconstruction starts immediately, with groundbreaking currently scheduled for the first quarter of 2014.

http://www.austin-ind.com/news/commercial/austin-awarded-boutique-office-building-project-in-houston/

• 2 weeks later...

22%20Waugh%208729191535.jpg

22 Waugh provides an unmatched opportunity to be in astate-of-the-art new building with direct access to I-10, as well as proximity to Houston’s finest neighborhoods such as River Oaks, Tanglewood and the Memorial Villages. In addition to on-site retail, the building is within walking distance of Washington Avenue, which hosts a wide array of dining and shopping choices in this high-energy area. The podium structured building provides unobstructed, 360-degree views of the CBD, Galleria, Buffalo Bayou and Memorial Park, creating an ideal office environment on every floor.

http://www.streamrealty.com/property/Houston/Twenty-Two-Waugh

So this will replace Jack-in-the-Box?

Jack in the box is on shepherd. I think this will be replacing an old Spanish style lowrise office building a block south of Washington on Waugh. I could be wrong, but that lot seems large enough for this development. They boast uninstructed views, but the sterling bank building could be a problem there

Archived