Fortune

This side of downtown is really starting to get its act together thanks to the downtown living initiative. There just seems to be a better balance aesthetically. 

You're right. I see so much potential in this part of downtown and I'm glad that it is finally making some progress.

You're right. I see so much potential in this part of downtown and I'm glad that it is finally making some progress.

I can't wait for this and the other SkyHouse to be finished and someone take a panoramic style shot facing upwards with Houston House, the two SkyHouses, and this all I. The same shot. All the residential activity will make a huge impact on that part of downtown. Now we just need to get that new park..

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why is this 5 story building taking so long? It seems like it has been under construction forever. Hasn't it been like 10 months and this is as far along as they are. . .

For comparison, it seems like Skyhouse was basically wrapping up the time into the project.

• Like 1

Not so oddly enough, Obama's executive order granting 5 million Hispanics a limited amnesty could be a boon to project managers looking to get their buildings completed in a timely fashion.

I'd imagine quite a few construction workers that were lured into the more lucrative oil patch will return to construction while oil prices are down. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is this the slowest construction we've ever seen? It's been a year since they started excavating and they are still on the first/second floor. Do they just have very few people working on this relative to other buildings that go up so much faster?

• Like 2