Fortune

I stand corrected.  And your point was...?

To be clear, it remains a block that previously was more than 50% surface parking that is no longer more than 50% surface parking, thus this project reduces the count of such blocks by one, as originally stated.  (And instead of gaining 75% of a block converted from surface parking we merely gain 70%?)   I would correct my earlier post but the edit button is not making itself available.

Edited by Houston19514

Downtown has proposals for a 33 story, a 28 story, possibly a 38 story (depending on what thee texaco redevelopers decide), and now a 40 story residential highrise. Not counting the rumored 40+ story ritz with resi. But I agree, we can always build taller! Heh

All small fry :P

Edited by HoustonIsHome

um.. people who want to see the downtown population grow so that other amenities will finally start to come to downtown so we can have a vibrant place thats not just a 9-5 destination...

This is true, and I agree. I wish the appearance of the building was all brick instead of the trendy, expected apartment building. I think we can all agree this building is showing a good trend, but it definitely isn't super exciting within itself, and that's ok.

• 2 weeks later...

I lived in Houston House for 7 years and I gotta say, passed by today and this area looks like a whole different animal.

Its like night and day, you can feel the new energy thats about to be here between Houston House, Sky House, Alliance, the new Holiday Inn and the light rail, this is gonna be a VIBRANT area soon, and with more to come!!!

I cant wait!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^Not a very diverse group of residents!  What do they think this is.. Dallas?!

Seriously though no disrespect to our fine neighbors up north)... I'm just teasing B)

Fine with the name.  Could have been some convaluted "Gardens at Central City Park" or "The Falls at Fannin" or "The Adventor" or some other ridiculous name Aparments tend to go for.

This is a developer who knows how to take advantage of an incentive program. Building design looks like it was stolen from something on W. Dallas, name was read off the plat map, and website designed from stock photos. And they'll make plenty of money because no one was smart enough to get there first.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...