Fortune

They should have redesigned it into the Chinese version of a Skyhouse:

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/china-builds-complete-57-story-lego-like-skyscraper-in-1690315984

Is this true?

Can someone educate me? I would guess that this is largely pre-fab stuff that was manufactured a while ago (and not counted into the "construction time"). But, even then, what are the trade offs of constructing this way?

From what I've read about this, they're using a modular design that's the equivalent of creating a lego building (similar to tilt wall).  I don't imagine they are including the fre-fab stage or foundation pour in the actual construction time.  Supposedly this type of construction uses less material, is cheaper, and supposedly stronger than conventional construction.  Perhaps they'll find the downside after the building is complete.

Is this true?

Can someone educate me? I would guess that this is largely pre-fab stuff that was manufactured a while ago (and not counted into the "construction time"). But, even then, what are the trade offs of constructing this way?

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the critical mass picture v this one, looks like its about a floor a month now that they're in the wood.  They should top off in July-August then..

They are working on the fourth floor of a 5-story building.  Even if your "floor a month" estimate is accurate, that would put the top off closer to May-June than July-August.

Looking at the critical mass picture v this one, looks like its about a floor a month now that they're in the wood.  They should top off in July-August then..

Or maybe a bit sooner, since they've only got another floor and a half or so to go? :)

(How a decent person might have answered your post.)

• Like 3