Fortune

lol people walking around the construction site with cowboy hats. even saw some workers drinking and playing up there. whoever is managing this is doing a really bad job

They make cowboy hat shaped hard hats, many refinery/chem plants don't allow them, including where I work. The photo is too grainy to see if the guy was wearing that though.

• Like 1

So I'm a bit curious. As excited as I am to see these new residential units go up, what is the likelihood that any of these structures will be around longer than 20 yrs based on the fact they are all wood framed? And are there examples of other cities also having many wood framed buildings?

San Francisco is filled with wood framed (lowrise) buildings. They have their issues, for sure. And the climate doesnt help here. That being said... if the building is well maintained it will be there for a while. Though my own preference would be Reinforced concrete and Steel structures over wood for the CBD. 

My prediction is that all of these wood framed structures are around in 20 years, and a lot longer than that. Unless, the are removed intentionally to repurpose or increase the density of the property. What do you think we've been making low/mid rise structures in this city with for at least the past 50 years?

My prediction is that all of these wood framed structures are around in 20 years, and a lot longer than that. Unless, the are removed intentionally to repurpose or increase the density of the property. What do you think we've been making low/mid rise structures in this city with for at least the past 50 years?

I don't know man, I have no clue about construction, that's why I asked

I think they ma be taking the crane down, I can see from the skyhouse cam what looks to be a massive portable crane on site. 

I think that's what is happening, that's what it looked like as I was driving through downtown earlier.

They are taking the crane down this weekend.  Residents at Houston House got a letter saying they were blocking Leeland from Travis to Fannin Friday - Monday morning to remove the crane this weekend.  I'll try to get some pictures when I get home

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...