Aris At Market Square: 32-Story High-Rise At 409 Travis St.

Mab

After looking at the linked document in more detail, it is apparently not part of the Hines project.   On one page there is a note on the renderings that says something like "421 Travis approved."   Very interesting.  Wish someone could find the info.

It's exactly what it looks like. An old fashioned zero lot line commercial storefront building.

It was approved in 1928 but has been on hold due to financing difficulties. Going to be a new A&P grocery. Previous renderings for a 60' wide flagship A&P have been scaled down; hopefully this is the final design.

It looks like the lot between Frank's and where the apt. tower will be has not been sold.  There's an "Available" real estate sign still up.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything.  Realtors and developers often do not rush out on closing day to take down their signs.  I suspect this is even more common in the commercial world than in the residential world.

Actually, Urbannizer's list of projects says the start date is in 2014.  No mention of which quarter.  The downtown development map says expected completion is "fall 2016."

H-Town Man is referring to the link below (page 29). I did not realize a start date was given --development list updated.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54482015/CHI%20Breakfast%20Presentation%20for%20publication.pdf

H-Town Man is referring to the link below (page 29). I did not realize a start date was given --development list updated.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54482015/CHI%20Breakfast%20Presentation%20for%20publication.pdf

Ahhhh...   Well, shoot. A little disappointing they aren't starting sooner.  Hopefully, that is incorrect.  I'm just getting a little impatient for some of these downtown high-rises (both office and residential) to get started and see some more cranes in the sky.  ;-)