Property Records

raffettospeaks

On Friday, I'm scheduled to close on a house in Clear Lake. It was built in 1963. The ownership history on HCAD's website only goes back to 1988, though. Out of my own curiousity, I like to research previous owners. I just find it interesting to know who lived in the house previously.

Does HCAD's site not have older information because that doesn't exist? Or is there some way to request hard copies of older records? I'm sure some of you run into this before.

Harris County Clerk's website has real property searches for Harrid County. Plug in the name you know as the grantee and look for the grantor. Take that grantor and enter them as grantee. And so on. You will need to know rhe legal description to make sur rd you have the right property.

Yeah - the above is the easiest way without going anywhere. You can narrow down the search by subdivision name too, if the earliest listed owner's name in HCAD is too generic. Also, a library down that way (or elsewhere) *may* have older directories with the street listings.

Archived