Camp Strake Development

Muralpainter

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.  Saw this quote in the artlcle...

“This property is conveniently located in the Westchase District; its location aligns with our commitment to making our company a great place to work, and should minimize the impact on the commuting time of our employees.”

Speaks to how some companies are viewing the importance of reducing commute times for employees.

Where is the HQ currently located?

Thanks.  Saw this quote in the artlcle...

“This property is conveniently located in the Westchase District; its location aligns with our commitment to making our company a great place to work, and should minimize the impact on the commuting time of our employees.”

Speaks to how some companies are viewing the importance of reducing commute times for employees.

Where is the HQ currently located?

They are still in the ConocoPhillips complex, for the most part, although some moved out to temporary quarters in the Pinnacle Westchase building, 3010 Briarpark.

You guys are looking at this all wrong. I have not said headquarters this, headquarters that. That is ya'll (I have to add my Texanness to this comment). Is the Exxon campus Exxon's new headquarters? NO. That will remain in Irving. I'm not at liberty to say anything else about Phillips 66 but most of the posters here have already mentioned the site in Westchase. Good! That should give you some idea. Without going into too much detail, you have to realize all the things that Phillips 66 has around the city of Houston. Hell, they even have a hangar at IAH. 

Even just to make sure I'm not spewing out hot air, I texted my source today just to completely confirm everything he told me in conversation. And with the permission from my source, without revealing the names of anyone, I'll post one small snip-it of what he said:

ciVv42M.png?1

You didn't read the other comment right above you... Did you

Guilty as charged. Actually, there was a page break after the first comment on the page; I didn't realize I missed half a page of comments. I could have deleted my gratuitous comment. I also could have rinsed out my cereal bowl this morning before putting it in the sink like my wife told me to. I like to live life on the wild side.

Guilty as charged. Actually, there was a page break after the first comment on the page; I didn't realize I missed half a page of comments. I could have deleted my gratuitous comment. I also could have rinsed out my cereal bowl this morning before putting it in the sink like my wife told me to. I like to live life on the wild side.

Haha.... it's okay.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oxy Chem maybe, i doubt occidental petroleum.

They're splitting the company and relocating to "Houston". Not a lot of info on exactly what divestitures they'll make, what they'll cut, et cetera... But they're bailing on California.

They haven't announced where the HQ will be other than "Houston" but just like Springwoods was there before Exxon announced the move, so too is Johnson Dev. before the announcement of whatever is going in the corporate allotted space at the north-east corner of their development. 

They're splitting the company and relocating to "Houston". Not a lot of info on exactly what divestitures they'll make, what they'll cut, et cetera... But they're bailing on California.

They haven't announced where the HQ will be other than "Houston" but just like Springwoods was there before Exxon announced the move, so too is Johnson Dev. before the announcement of whatever is going in the corporate allotted space at the north-east corner of their development. 

OxyChem will be part of the company that is going to be headquartered in "Houston".  OxyChem itself is currently headquartered in Dallas.  Could we have more good news heading our way, i.e., might they also be relocating OxyChem headquarters to the Houston area?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A Houston developer completed its acquisition of the 112-acre property at the former Camp Strake in Conroe where it plans to build a shopping, dining and entertainment destination spanning 750,000 square feet.

Houston’s  Johnson Development sold the tract of land, at the corner of Loop 336 and Interstate-45, to Houston-based Fidelis Realty Partners. It represents the first major sale of the 2,046-acre mixed-use master-planned development. A range of residential options, from single-family homes to urban living designs, also are being considered for the rest of the land.

“The opportunity to create a regional shopping experience at such a prominent location was very appealing,” said Lynn Davis, principal and chief marketing officer of Fidelis Realty Partners, in a statement.

The Fidelis project is scheduled to open by early 2017 and construction will begin in late 2016.

“This project will provide a tremendous economic boost for the area,” Conroe Mayor Webb Melder said in a statement. 

Johnson Development purchased the former Camp Strake property in late 2013. Plans on the site also call for an open-air, mixed-use town center adjacent to the regional shopping area under development by Fidelis, said Doug Goff, Johnson’s chief operating officer.

“We’re taking a look at a number of options right now, all with the goal of creating a premier regional destination amidst a lush, natural setting,” he said in a statement.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/09/developer-acquires-112-acres-on-camp-strake-site/#14048101=0

• 2 weeks later...

Archived