Architecturally Speaking

strickn

I'm afraid not. It's not possible because of the sheer physical logistics of archiving the tapes of that many years of programs. I worked at KTRH in the 1970s and 80s, and I can tell you that the tape "archives" only went back several years. They didn't have space for any more than that. And they still don't.

With today's computerized audio filing systems, nobody is using tape anymore. That means current programs are archived "in the cloud", but the old programs are lost forever.  Sorry.

You might try getting in touch with the host.  Filo's right -- radio stations simply didn't have the space or manpower to archive things back then unless you were working at the network level.  Places I worked had "logger" tapes, but they were recycled every week.

However, most of the talk show hosts I've known have been fairly diligent about recording their own stuff to stroke their own egos.  60 years later a tape or two might still be in his, or his family's, personal stuff.

You might try getting in touch with the host.  Filo's right -- radio stations simply didn't have the space or manpower to archive things back then unless you were working at the network level.  Places I worked had "logger" tapes, but they were recycled every week.

However, most of the talk show hosts I've known have been fairly diligent about recording their own stuff to stroke their own egos.  60 years later a tape or two might still be in his, or his family's, personal stuff.

a quick google reveals the Baytown Lowell Lammers probably died in 1989 (1940 census shows him living in Houston). would follow editor's suggestion & look for Houston metro/Baytown area Lammers and maybe you get lucky & find a child or grandchild.

• The title was changed to Architecturally Speaking

Archived