Hilton Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites Hotels At 710 Crawford St.

Houston19514

• 6 months later...

Very cool that they are apparently moving forward on these two new hotels.  Note that Swamplot is continuing their fact-light approach to "reporting" by calling this a La Quinta, when it is in fact going to be a Hampton Inn and a Homewood Suites.  What's really hilarious is that there was once a La Quinta planned for this location... 6+ years ago.   Wrong, or just 6 years late with their reportage?    ;-)

More indication that this hotel project is proceeding apace:  the Houston First Board of Directors considered and presumably took action on a Convention Services Agreement with the developer of these hotels (American Liberty Hospitality).  They were also set to take the same action with an entity called Block 75, LLC, presumably the developer of the Hyatt Place on the same block.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 3

^Swamplot irks me most of the time.  I appreciate what they do, but why be so snarky with every single comment.  It has grown old over the years...

While I've been less than optimistic with all the proposed office towers (particularly since Skanska and Hines are moving forward) I've been very optimistic with the residential and hospitality projects announced for Downtown.  Glad to see this one is proceeding.  Besides, this block is pretty forlorn looking pre-development.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know what the status on this project is? I see the picture of the front end loader, but that could mean anything from a drainage issue to a metro rail construction vehicle sitting out of the way. Can anyone update when this is supposed to break ground or if it is still a go.

• 4 weeks later...

Urbanizer

since you seem to have a handle on this project do you think they were just floating this as a project or is it a real project that has just been delayed. You'd think they would want to get this built in time for the superbowl and maybe the final four.

Have you got a feel for this. We really need the rooms downtown to make the convention center competitive with others.

You have a very good point. I imagine a lot of these projects are having trouble finding enough skilled labor for all of them to get going at the same time. So many went to other locations or industries. I bet its the same with home builders.

Urbanizer

since you seem to have a handle on this project do you think they were just floating this as a project or is it a real project that has just been delayed. You'd think they would want to get this built in time for the superbowl and maybe the final four.

Have you got a feel for this. We really need the rooms downtown to make the convention center competitive with others.

It's a real project. Not sure why construction was set back, but it's proposed by the same developers who brought us Embassy Suites..Even with the delay though, it will be finished in time for the Superbowl and Final Four if they stick to the new construction timeline.

• 4 months later...