Hilton Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites Hotels At 710 Crawford St.

Houston19514

FYI, Urbannizer, you linked directly to the current image so it will change every time this page is loaded. If you wanted to link to an image from a particular time, save it to something like imgur and link to that to ensure it never changes. Glad to see someone else is watching my camera!

• 2 weeks later...

They have been putting up the styrofoam that they usually put on before the cheap stucco goes up.

Since they're not using lathe and plaster you can expect this to look really bad in five years or less.

Thats a shame and why the city still allows this material to be used even though its proven to mildew in this climate

I'll never know. It looks cheap and doesn't last very long and turns black with mildew until its resurfaced and then redone again

a couple of years later.

• Like 1

Do we have any word on what will go in the empty parking lot that is surrounded by this building, the Marriott, and the parking garage building?

Seems perfect for a large retail space.

I have not seen anything planned for it. It is apparently owned by the city, and should be a busy place within a couple of blocks of a lot of the new residential.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the TC/Hess Garage block residential tower put its trailers/laydown yard on that block or behind the Hampton/Homewood once that gets going.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's boring right now, but I'll wait to see what they do with the section below the beltline there. With those brands, I agree that it would be a stretch to expect more, renderings aside.

While they do look like jumbo highway versions, it would been nice to get something more from them like their inner-city designs.

It seems every cycle we get that one architect that blights our city. Last go around it was the Mercer.