I'm actually really happy that they are having to build around the old mansion. Kinda reminds me of another very Houston situation with the Asia House development process. I think what we will see is something along the lines of what Texas911 said best, "interesting architecture occurs at the boundary lines." 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well if you want to be taken seriously perhaps you should avoid hyperbole like eye "soar"

Well I think he/she meant their eyes will soar with the breeze to get a 360 perspective once this building is complete. Yeah sure it's not a landmark design that will be in architectural books, but it is what it is.. Infill. Not every building in every city can be a gem, and it's not even that tall of a building. If it were +40 stories then we all complaints would be validated. 

Will Oakdale Street be opened up to allow vehicular access to San Jacinto? That would be a big help to this project and the site plan does not show the existing barrier.

Perhaps an agreement was reached with METRO that in exchange for opening up Oakdale, they would limit that corner lot to park use. Also, not developing the lot may have enabled them to avoid a re-plat since I have not seen any signs about one.

Edited by nate

lol I don't get the hate at all. It looks nice and sleek and will make a great addition to that area. That Toronto building shown would look out of place in this area IMO, looks like it'd fit in better downtown or uptown. Also, if you want to talk about disappointing Hines developments, how about that lame "British" neighborhood that was recently announced?

• Like 1

The Southmore

premium_gallery_landscape.jpg

• 25-Stories, 301,000 square feet (259 Units)
  • Construction Start: July 2014, first residents move in March 2016, final completion November 2016
  • Architect: Wallace Grace Wilson & Munoz Albin

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Hines-bets-big-on-its-hometown-4890024.php#/9

Edited by Urbannizer
  • Like 4