GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

2 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Have we heard anything on who won the bid for this building or a timeline?

I've asked the same question with little response. It seems like they are renovating the building for better street presence. I would like to know what retailer has signed on though to be the anchor tenant.

• Like 1

^^^ there is a small possibility that this is parking related.. since this storied edifice is now a parking garage.  however, it would be totally / completely exciting for something positive to be happening with this edifice moving forward.  why aren't we no-longer hearing anything.... why the sudden mystery...??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monarch said:

^^^ there is a small possibility that this is parking related.. since this storied edifice is now a parking garage.  however, it would be totally / completely exciting for something positive to be happening with this edifice moving forward.  why aren't we no-longer hearing anything.... why the sudden mystery...??

Don't worry, Houston Chronicle is on the case! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, monarch said:

I mean why would they spend so much to improve a parking garage unless they expect to get some sort of return out of it. I feel it's either just updates to the garage, or prepping the garage for a retail tenant/tenants... because wasn't the original idea to demolish it for a multi-use project? Just seems odd

6 hours ago, monarch said:

Sakowitz is earmarked to get an Main St Artblocks installation - the facial recognition display. 

The work may be related to this. 

art_blocks_mssq_artists.pdf

• Like 2