GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

http://midwaycompanies.com/img/leasing/site-plans/GS-131031-Merchandising_Plan.pdf

This site plan by midway confirms that:

-they are building a 250 room hotel on Fannin/ Dallas

-Six new restaurants coming to Greenstreet on the first floor

-on second level  there will be a 30,000 Square Feet Fitness center

Edited by Mab
  • Like 6

^  Cool.  Note that the site plans states that the Fitness Center, the hotel and the six restaurants (plus an "office" space on the second level) are all "under negotiation".

The site plan also indicates two additional spaces designated as "office", another as "office/restaurant" (all on level 2), a "restaurant/bar" space on level 3 and a couple of undesignated spaces on level 1.

...perfect planning thus far. but what about retail? downtown desperately needs stores for patrons to shop, isn't this the primary purpose for building this mall in the first place?

also, the "hotel" aspect is fabulous. with this addition, the center can not help but become successful.

...perfect planning thus far. but what about retail? downtown desperately needs stores for patrons to shop, isn't this the primary purpose for building this mall in the first place?

also, the "hotel" aspect is fabulous. with this addition, the center can not help but become successful.

I like this project. Reminds me of my home country. Shopping at the bottom; restaurants, hair salons, local news paper on 2nd level, businesses and offices on 3rd levels; and condos, hotels, apartments on higher levels.

I like this project. Reminds me of my home country. Shopping at the bottom; restaurants, hair salons, local news paper on 2nd level, businesses and offices on 3rd levels; and condos, hotels, apartments on higher levels.

Are you from Venezuela? I spend every summer there and it is the exact same way.

Having never been in HoB, I did not realize that it did not somehow occupy the second floor.

A 250 unit hotel on that kind of footprint would have to be atleast 8-10 stories, right?

EDIT - Just saw the 25 story note. That would be an interesting addition to watch come together.

Edited by Nate99

• 2 weeks later...

GreenStreet expansion TBA soon:

That's good news for Brinsden, whose company is redeveloping GreenStreet, the former Houston Pavilions downtown.

"We're trying to evolve that into a true mixed-use destination," he said.

In about 60 days, the company is expected to announce an expansion at the complex, which now houses retail and office space.

"We think this project needed that third activity generator," Brinsden said.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Builders-reshape-how-the-area-will-grow-5043295.php

• Like 1