Air China Airlines

nativehoustonion

I'm sure you fly twice a year on a domestic carrier.  The service on United was great and the 787 it was is fantastic.  Air China flying to IAH is great for our economy.  They may be other airlines in the future.  Frequent flyers would call you a downgrade. 

My observation was our domestics in comparison to foreign airlines. The customer experience all seem better than what our domestics manage.  Recently I've been on BA, KLM, and Air Canada as far as international carriers go, all far better than United, American, Delta or U.S. Air, but admittedly the latter two I haven't flown in a while.  I've heard nothing but positives about the Asian carriers (apart from China Eastern, which came across as rather totalitarian to the folks I was talking with) though I haven't flown on any of them.

Continental wasn't bad before the merger, and you can still tell when you're dealing with a legacy United cabin crew. It's certainly not all bad, and I tend to get by with minimum interaction with any of their employees, which makes things fairly painless these days.

I'm glad the Air China service is coming to Houston. It's a great link for business in the city.

You and frequent flyers can call me whatever you like. I average ~10 flights a year.

Even the communists make better ailines than we do. That whole industry is a shame top to bottom.

While Air China has nice seats in business and first, their service leaves a lot to be desired. Not to mention the food on them is absolutely horrific.

Then again, I won't complain about another non-stop to Asia out of Houston.

While Air China has nice seats in business and first, their service leaves a lot to be desired. Not to mention the food on them is absolutely horrific.

Then again, I won't complain about another non-stop to Asia out of Houston.

I was being tongue-in-cheek, at least a little.  I inferred that the OP was referring to a good experience on AC, and I was making a joke that agreed with that inference. Now I'm not sure what he liked relative to what, but whatever funny there was is now dead.

I up for trying any airline at least once.  Maybe not Aeroflot.

I was being tongue-in-cheek, at least a little.  I inferred that the OP was referring to a good experience on AC, and I was making a joke that agreed with that inference. Now I'm not sure what he liked relative to what, but whatever funny there was is now dead.

I up for trying any airline at least once.  Maybe not Aeroflot.

I don't have any issues with Aeroflot. They have retired most of their rust buckets. Now, some of the other Russian and former Soviet-bloc carriers are questionable.

I also feel a little hesitant when considering obscure carriers in Africa and rural parts of Asia. Some of the low cost carriers in Asia have really poor service records. I watch the list of carriers that are banned in the EU and US. I avoid them.

I'm a 1K member and SQ was the best to admit.  But  the 787 to NRT was cool and great food and service.  I hope they will change the 777 from IAH to NRT with a 787 when United get more deliveries.  I have not seen the Airbus A-350 that United will receive, they need to retire the 747-400. 

Did you forget Singapore Airlines, Asiana, All Nippon, Thai Airlines.

?? Me?

If so, no, I didn't forget about them. They don't fit any of the criteria I laid out for which carriers to avoid. They are neither obscure or on anyone's "banned" list.

The Paris air show is this weekend.  Boeing will introduce the 787-9 which is longer then the 787-8.  And of course seats more passengers.  United has 25 on ordered already.  They will also introduce the 737 Max.  Airbus will introduce the A-350 wide body.  Let's see who more orders. Old United ordered the 25 A-350 from Airbus.  I have no idea when they will receive them.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Air China Airlines

Archived