Picture Location?

ok where is this picture taken at. I have been around Dallas allot and cannot spot and area where you can park right off the freeway like that.  Somebody be so kind to tell me exactly where this picture was taken??????????

where is this

Of seeing images of photos of dallas mostly looking down at the skyline of seeing all the streets and more of aerial photos

People go on helicopters and take the aerial photos

This picture might of been taken by professional photograpers that stand on something they have to get nice clean shots of these type.

Warning to dialup users -- this picture is two megs big.

It's definately not a professional photo. It doesn't even look like the photographer used a tripod. Based on it having I-35 in the foreground and a railroad tressle spanning the freeway there are only a couple of places this could be.

Based on the fact that you can't see Reunion Tower or its neighboring hotel, I'm going to guess from what little I know about Dallas that this was taken south of the city. Also, the bridge across the freeway is a railroad tressle otherwise it wouldn't be so covered in graffiti and the freeway direction signs would be bolted to it if it was a street overpass. Also, since the railroad tressle is poorly maintained I'm going to conclude that it's abandoned.

Also, I like how there's a guy parked in front of the no parking sign on the wall. That shows that this is a low-value industrial area where the owners have problems with people (probably teens) hanging out and watching the skyline at night, but the property isn't valuable enough to hire a security guard to chase them away.

There is an abandoned railroad tressle spanning I-35E south of Dallas near Cadiz street which appears to be an industrial area based on street name duplication and unnamed street spurs.

That's my best guess. But since I only got four hours sleep last night, it could be very wrong. I welcome other opinions.

I don't think he's right off the highway. It looks like a cliff and 35 (its been a while since I've been in dallas, so I might be getting the highway designations confused) which could put it somewhere near that Baby Doe's restaurant.

More than likely, this photo was taken from the grounds of the Dallas County Criminal Courts Building. It is located at 133 Industrial, directly west of downtown.

http://mappoint.msn.com/(05lgrp45zmvmyz3mf...2c+TX+75207|L1|

If you look to the lower right of the photo, you will see the book depository, Dealey Plaza, and "Big Red", the old Dallas County Courthouse.

More than likely, this photo was taken from the grounds of the Dallas County Criminal Courts Building. It is located at 133 Industrial, directly west of downtown.

If you look to the lower right of the photo, you will see the book depository, Dealey Plaza, and "Big Red", the old Dallas County Courthouse.

Yep.... from Lew Sterret....mentioned above....

I'm from Dallas.. this picture was taken from the parking garage northeast of the red indicator in this google aerial map.. just northeast of commerce @ industrial, east of the trinity river, west of I-35E and Stemmons. The RR on the left is the UPRR.. if the downtown street grid extended this far, you'd be smackdab in the middle of Elm Street or in between Elm and Pacific.

Archived