Belfiore On Post Oak: Condominiums At 1275 South Post Oak Ln.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2013/06/exclusive-even-more-luxury-living-for.html

Inter-Pier LLC’s plans for the structure, to be named Belfiore and located on Post Oak Lane, between San Felipe and Woodway, show it will stand 26 stories with only two homes per floor, totaling 44 residences and two penthouses.

actually got the (late) scoop on this Monday - supposedly several units are already presold. corner of s. post oak and wynden, right down the street from the old masaraf's. man, is the galleria area booming right now or what? there's several other high rise projects in the works scattered all about uptown/galleria.

i bet the tanglewood nimby's are fuming right now! /sarcasm

• Like 5

Wow. $600 a square foot with a minimum of 4,650 square feet + monthly fees...

It's the perfect location for that market though. Building looks o.k but with that high end of a market, going bold would be a mistake. Classic is safer.

I said this earlier in the week, but will repeat... As much as I love Houston, it's a real shame that this current boom is putting out such boring architecture. We have/had a real chance to put some classic stuff up that would be with us for generations. Unfortunately we don't have those once great Houstonians who went out of their way to build world class structures.

The boom is great and I'm proud of my city, but this is a damn shame.

This Building is decent. It's not terrible looking, kind of a simple design, but for its location I think that it's ok. Most of us will only see it from far away, it's not right on Post Oak Blvd. or San Felipe, or Downtown (It would be nice in Midtown but I'd take any highrise at this point).

This building puts me more in the mind of the nicer buildings in Miami and the two condo buildings in Uptown Park (same developer - Interfin - a class act IMO). I've always loved those buildings and for the record they're not stucco!

From the rendering it looks like this one will be cast stone with glass balcony railings and not cheapish painted stucco, so No Complaints Here. Houston could certainly use more buildings with sloped "roofs" rather than flat tops but I kinda like the interesting roof line on this one with the day-lighted penthouse patios. Every new building doesn't have to be all glass with a spire on top. 

Atlanta's skyline has too many Spires for me - but the night time lighting is AWESOME!

Edited by HOUSTONIAN (N-ATL)

I said stucco-looking. Pay attention.

My bad.., chill out bruh.  I guess stone looks a lot like stucco to some. But I agree most of the newer stuff is a step down from older buildings like Four Leaf Towers.

Edited by HOUSTONIAN (N-ATL)
  • Like 2

The building is a little bland in my opinion. It doesn't really stand out from the others in Uptown. It would be nice if some of these highrises would start sprouting up in Midtown too, but I guess I can't look a gifthorse in the mouth. :D

Actually, you probably really wouldn't want this building in Midtown.  My guess is that this is will predominantly be overseas owners who won't actually reside in the building.  It wouldn't do anything to add to the general density and character of that area.