swtsig

Belfiore on Post Oak, 26-stories - 44 Residences

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2013/06/exclusive-even-more-luxury-living-for.html

Inter-Pier LLC’s plans for the structure, to be named Belfiore and located on Post Oak Lane, between San Felipe and Woodway, show it will stand 26 stories with only two homes per floor, totaling 44 residences and two penthouses.

actually got the (late) scoop on this Monday - supposedly several units are already presold. corner of s. post oak and wynden, right down the street from the old masaraf's. man, is the galleria area booming right now or what? there's several other high rise projects in the works scattered all about uptown/galleria.

i bet the tanglewood nimby's are fuming right now! /sarcasm

• Like 4

Not a half bad looking building.  Starting 2014 and ending construction in 2016.  But 4500SF+ at around $600/SF, I think it's safe to say I won't have to worry about putting this in my options for my next move.

Wow. $600 a square foot with a minimum of 4,650 square feet + monthly fees...

It's the perfect location for that market though. Building looks o.k but with that high end of a market, going bold would be a mistake. Classic is safer.

I like it from a distance but not too much up close.

I said this earlier in the week, but will repeat... As much as I love Houston, it's a real shame that this current boom is putting out such boring architecture. We have/had a real chance to put some classic stuff up that would be with us for generations. Unfortunately we don't have those once great Houstonians who went out of their way to build world class structures.

The boom is great and I'm proud of my city, but this is a damn shame.

Looks just like those other boring stucco-looking high rises in uptown. There was more creativity in the design of 4-Leaf Towers than what they are designing today, and that was early 80s.

Edited by treblelino
  • Like 1

What are the interior finishes and architecture like? I think that's what most people care about as long as the exterior is not horrible, and even that is debatable.

Eh, pretty standard luxury highrise with poor street-level interaction. 

But nice none the less. 

This Building is decent. It's not terrible looking, kind of a simple design, but for its location I think that it's ok. Most of us will only see it from far away, it's not right on Post Oak Blvd. or San Felipe, or Downtown (It would be nice in Midtown but I'd take any highrise at this point).

The building is a little bland in my opinion. It doesn't really stand out from the others in Uptown. It would be nice if some of these highrises would start sprouting up in Midtown too, but I guess I can't look a gifthorse in the mouth. :D

This building puts me more in the mind of the nicer buildings in Miami and the two condo buildings in Uptown Park (same developer - Interfin - a class act IMO). I've always loved those buildings and for the record they're not stucco!

From the rendering it looks like this one will be cast stone with glass balcony railings and not cheapish painted stucco, so No Complaints Here. Houston could certainly use more buildings with sloped "roofs" rather than flat tops but I kinda like the interesting roof line on this one with the day-lighted penthouse patios. Every new building doesn't have to be all glass with a spire on top. 

Atlanta's skyline has too many Spires for me - but the night time lighting is AWESOME!

Edited by HOUSTONIAN (N-ATL)

It looks like the parking garage will be below ground? I don't see it in the rendering

It looks like the parking garage will be below ground? I don't see it in the rendering

Yes, the article says the parking garage will be underground. 

• Like 1

I said stucco-looking. Pay attention.

My bad.., chill out bruh.  I guess stone looks a lot like stucco to some. But I agree most of the newer stuff is a step down from older buildings like Four Leaf Towers.

Edited by HOUSTONIAN (N-ATL)
  • Like 2

It's a high end building. The owners don't want street interaction, they want privacy and exclusivity. And as pointed out above, they aren't looking for a bold building design.

The building is a little bland in my opinion. It doesn't really stand out from the others in Uptown. It would be nice if some of these highrises would start sprouting up in Midtown too, but I guess I can't look a gifthorse in the mouth. :D

Actually, you probably really wouldn't want this building in Midtown.  My guess is that this is will predominantly be overseas owners who won't actually reside in the building.  It wouldn't do anything to add to the general density and character of that area.

My bad.., chill out bruh.  I guess stone looks a lot like stucco to some. But I agree most of the newer stuff is a step down from older buildings like Four Leaf Towers.

Your post was better before the edit. : )

• Like 1

Wow, Houstonian. Restraint, and manners. Not often found in the anonymity of this forum. You have a date to the prom yet?

Anyway...I think this building is entirely appropriate for this up-town location. It will compliment the other highrise residential buildings in the area. Several more buildings of this size and style would look great and show dignity. Widens the the tax base of the area too.

• Like 1

i think the tower looks kind of chic with the clean modern lines. they could have done better, but they could have done a lot, lot worse..

I think this building is entirely appropriate for this up-town location. It will compliment the other highrise residential buildings in the area. Several more buildings of this size and style would look great and show dignity. Widens the the tax base of the area too.

agreed.. i enjoy seeing clusters of residential towers in the same area for some reason. it gives a cool urban, yet pedestrian feel to the area. the uptown skyline is going to be very different in the next 3 years (once these 5 or more towers are completed that are going up along Post Oak). especially the northern portion of it. 

the uptown skyline is going to be very different in the next 3 years (once these 5 or more towers are completed that are going up along Post Oak). especially the northern portion of it.

So will be traffic on Post Oak

Im confused on the exact location for this? Cross streets?

It's not actually on post oak blvd, it's on post oak lane, northwest of post oak/four(five?) oaks plaza I believe.

Hopefully the crane for this one will be up when I'm back on the spring. Wanting to get a shot of the cranes as part of the area skyline...

• Like 1

According to the ad in this month's Houstonia, this building is 50% sold.

I'm always astounded at the level of demand for $1m condos.  This, the Astoria, Cosmopolitan, etc.  

I can almost understand the $1M+ condo... it's the $4,500/month fee that blows me away  (http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearchPrint.cfm?MLNUM=12651939&CLASS=6&sType=0&print=y&leadid=6&portalid=HAR)

That's like another $1M mortgage.

That is the reason that no matter how much money I have I would never want to own any condo. Its like you are still renting, you don't truley own it because you have to constanlty pay that much a month. Not for me! Its amazing that that many people can afford that though.