• 4 months later...

That parking garage is big and ugly as seen from 288 northbound. Be nice if they could make it less ugly somehow.

I noticed it the other day. The worst part is from 288 it appears as if it's a stand-alone garage. It weirded me out for a second before I realized what it was attached to.

Big and ugly facing the freeway is better than big and ugly facing the street.

This is true, but why not hide the garage and make the building visually appealing from both.

I've always liked driving this little stretch of 288. I like the way he current apartments, towers, and odd townhomes look from the freeway. These apartments had a chance to add to this, but went the opposite direction.

aUntitledii.jpg

eUntitledggii.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Has work stalled on this one? I drive by this almost every day, and I haven't noticed any activity going on in several weeks. Maybe they are just doing work on the inside or I'm driving by at the wrong times, but previously it was pretty busy and now it looks dead, even though the exterior is pretty close to being complete and I doubt they would stop this close to completion.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I drove by around 5:40 today and saw a few guys working, the first time I've ever seen anyone doing anything on site past 5 PM. So it's moving but just extremely slowly. Very little visible progress in weeks.

Edited by asubrt

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Hermann Park Plaza Apartments At 5755 Almeda Rd.