Texaco Building (now The Star) At 1111 Rusk Street

editor

Wow.. just wow. Is anyone else realizing the amount of construction that could potentially be going on near Capitol St in a few years?

So say you start driving from 59 down Capitol. You'll have the Cultural Heritage site first. Then once you approach San Jacinto, you'll have this 38-story residential highrise, then you go just one more block over to Main and you'll have the Hines tower, and then two blocks later you'll have the Capitol Tower. I guess it's just me but I'm kinda blown away by all of this.

Not to mention HSPVA at Caroline.

• Like 1

Not one of these office buildings has a tenant that we know of. And from what we've heard, only one of them, maybe two, will actually get built.

Here is to hoping all three office ones go up (and we all consider five Allen dead)

• Like 1

Not one of these office buildings has a tenant that we know of. And from what we've heard, only one of them, maybe two, will actually get built.

Here is to hoping all three office ones go up (and we all consider five Allen dead)

This is not an office building.

The Houston bust of the 80's left a kind of mental scare on the developers in Houston . Hines himself he stated as much in a interview we he said"in the 80,s Houston over bulit and then the market fell out". This is why so many of them are dragging their feet. Dispite most experts saying the one who gets their office off the ground first will automatic decrease the demand for the others.

So, to summarize:

1. 24 story sky house apartment tower under construction

2. 30 story Marriott hotel proposed

3. 50 story Chevron tower rumored

4. 41 story Hines tower proposed

5. 33 story Skanska proposed

6. 38 story apartment tower proposed

7. 37+ story Stream tower proposed

8. 50 story Allen Center 5 proposed

I am hopeful at least half of these will be built. My bet is the sky house, the Marriott, the Chevron tower, the Hines tower and the 38 story apartments, in order of completion probability.

• Like 1

You forgot the 5 Oaks Building at 30-stories that is about to break ground as well as the 28-story Astoria.

Not to mention the ones that are currently under constrctuion:

40-story State Grille Condo Tower

30-story Hanover Condo Tower

32-story Anadarko Tower

17 story Energy Plaza III

21-story Soveign

Edited by wxman
  • Like 1

So, to summarize:

1. 24 story sky house apartment tower under construction

2. 30 story Marriott hotel proposed

3. 50 story Chevron tower rumored

4. 41 story Hines tower proposed

5. 33 story Skanska proposed

6. 38 story apartment tower proposed

7. 37+ story Stream tower proposed

8. 50 story Allen Center 5 proposed

I am hopeful at least half of these will be built. My bet is the sky house, the Marriott, the Chevron tower, the Hines tower and the 38 story apartments, in order of completion probability.

There's also the 23 story tower by Hines that will replace the Macy's building.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Naw, they are not building 5 Allen Center. Just a hunch. Houston is scared to build tall.

how is Houston scared to build tall? i agree after the bust in the 80s.. but 5AC is "only" 50 floors.. Houston is already going to build the over 800', 50+ story Chevron Tower, and the 49 story 757' Hines tower, with more tall towers proposed. its the biggest boom since the 80s.

• Like 2

This was on the plat summary report for "consent"

What is the plat summary report? Can you give us a link?

I'm not sure exactly where an exact link is anymore because I am subscribed to get it via email but I think you can get it or sign up at houstonplanning.com