Texaco Building (now The Star) At 1111 Rusk Street

editor

There will be a station (east-bound) directly across Rusk Street from this building and a (west-bound) station adjacent to the property on the Capitol side.

Wow, then they'll have quick access to 3 stations, well 4, if you count the new Main station as 2 (1 station, 2 directions).

• 2 months later...

Poor is a relative term. Without the subsidy from the city the rent would have to be higher. If the city subsidizes the development of this project then they are helping to pay the rent for people who are too "poor" to afford a 1000sf apartment downtown.

I'm paying $950 for 850 square feet one block away at St. Germain. $2200 is actually quite high compared to: St. Germain, Hogg Palace, Post Rice, Bayou Lofts, Franklin Lofts, or even Commerce Tower.

So no, $2200 is not "too poor" for 1000 sq ft downtown.

• 1 year later...

I have some renderings on my phone I found on Bing. Posted them on my facebook a month or so ago. Will e-mail them to myself and post them on my computer at home. They look fairly new, but the only way you can tell it's the old Texaco Building is the buidling itself. The background looks like a completely different place. Anyways, will post them later!

• Like 1

Neither one of those backgrounds look anything like Houston, but you're right, that is 811 Rusk.

It Looks like Kirksey's Confidential urban project. http://www.kirksey.com/project/confidential_urban_mixed_use_plan

But this one is 23 acres, that's huge! How could that fit downtown? How many blocks would that be?

Edited by lockmat

Hmmm...I wonder if this was the 38 story residential building my friend alluded to.  

lockmat: But this one is 23 acres, that's huge! How could that fit downtown? How many blocks would that be?

Maybe it was an error and is supposed to be 2.3 acres? That's pushing it too though because a downtown block is about two acres.

Edited by brijonmang

Hmmm...I wonder if this was the 38 story residential building my friend alluded to.

Maybe it was an error and is supposed to be 2.3 acres? That's pushing it too though because a downtown block is about two acres.

2.3 would make more sense. But I just noticed for the first time that at the bottom left is a train, so that would eliminate texaco :(

Not to hijack the thread, but i think the building in the background resembles Continental?

TexacoRend2_early2013.jpg

Conversion of Houston's historic Texaco Headquarters into upscale, market rate apartments, adding new building space, ground-level retail and structured parking. The project will also be added to the Houston Tunnel system.

http://www.hbginc.com/news/projects/multihousing-and-mixed-use/historic-texaco-building-apartments/#.UaVX2Pq9LCQ

Edited by Urbannizer
  • Like 4

You dirty dog super sleuth!

The sad thing is, it's not even on their "on the boards" link. Plus, Pearl Realty is the developer now, not Provident Realty.

Source?   I think you might be confusing this project with the JW Marriott, which is Pearl Realty project. 

Edited by Houston19514

2.3 would make more sense. But I just noticed for the first time that at the bottom left is a train, so that would eliminate texaco :(

Not to hijack the thread, but i think the building in the background resembles Continental?

I'm wrong on two fronts. First, I mixed up 1111 with 811 Rusk. Second, light rail runs on Rusk and Capitol, which this would sit between. This very well could be Kirksey's confidential urban mixed-use plan. Not that it matters too much since we have updated renderings. Also, I said Pearl Realty owned this site now. I'm pretty clueless tonight I guess!

• Like 1

I'm wrong on two fronts. First, I mixed up 1111 with 811 Rusk. Second, light rail runs on Rusk and Capitol, which this would sit between. This very well could be Kirksey's confidential urban mixed-use plan. Not that it matters too much since we have updated renderings. Also, I said Pearl Realty owned this site now. I'm pretty clueless tonight I guess!

Make that three fronts  ;-)

The Kirksey mixed-use rendering looks nothing like the Texaco complex. 

To me this building is more more interesting looking than One Park Place. I am looking forward to a rendering which shows how it would impact the skyline.

How many stories is One Park Place for comparison?

• Like 2

Why not merge the topics?

I agree. Since it's a part of the Texaco building renovation and by the same developer. The original thread should just be renamed. 

"Texaco Building Redevelopment Includes New 38-Story Apartment Tower" - Or something along those lines. 

Edited by Urbannizer
  • Like 2