Forbes article addressing common flaws in modern city planning.

Instead, plans discuss and advance a set of what appear to be measures of city health that are clearly more faddish than practical. 

I am willing to bet that this article, if anyone reads it at all, will be thoroughly dissed on this forum, where all of the urbanistas speak of faddish ideas and dis Houston for not employing more faddish rules. I look forward to it.

I am willing to bet that this article, if anyone reads it at all, will be thoroughly dissed on this forum, where all of the urbanistas speak of faddish ideas and dis Houston for not employing more faddish rules. I look forward to it.

Did anyone post the WSJ love letter on Annise Parker and the city yet?

Precisely why I posted this article, considering most everyone on this forum is an amateur city planner who subscribes to the arts district, walkable urban center, mixed use, diverse, rail, "insert other trend here", etc... definition of city success. Never mind all of that pesky economic and free choice nonsense.

Archived