San Felipe Place: Office Building At 2229 San Felipe St.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^I'm not sure how they can make that claim?  There are other highrises (taller highrises) just a few blocks from the proposed buildings location!  Seems like Hines gauged wrongly with that neighborhood.  I'll wager the neighborhood near the Museum District will fight that highrise too?  Ashby has set a precedent.

Well Hines has Baker and Botts.  Plus I own property on Mimosa and will not stop calling me to sell my properties.  All those old apartments will be gone because of the River Oaks zip code 77019.   Everything behind the Huntington will be wiped out.  With tract mansions or high rises.  Three next door to my properties go for $1.5 million piece and already sold.  Drive by there Randall Davis is building the Chateau and there is another one also which all sold out very Paris looking.  Plus the area is called Avalon District so River Oaks has nothing to do with it.  Baker and Botts  already sent a warning letter.  Investor wants the women' center on the other side. 

I'll wager the neighborhood near the Museum District will fight that highrise too?  Ashby has set a precedent.

i wouldnt think that would have nearly as much merit/opposition. the neighbors immediately surrounding the Southmore tower are a church, an older apartment complex, a museum, a parking lot, a school/a couple other things, a drive through bank, and a new mid rise apartment complex. doesnt seem like anyone in the immediate vicinity would really have an argument against it. its not like the temporary apartment renters really care what goes up next to them. they can just move when their lease is up if they dont like it. other then that their really arent any residences to be encroached upon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all for this building, but not at the cost of physically damaging nearby homes. I hope Hines can go forward more carefully and the neighbors can prove the damage wasn't already there and they get compensated.

Same here, and I'll continue to ask my friend from time to time to get more details and updates.

• Like 1

What is the likelihood that this gets cancelled due to a lawsuit? It would be a shame for Hines to get this far and then have to stop.. It would be like Houston's own little version of the Chcago Spire. I hope the rumors about cracked foundations and stuff aren't true and it turns out the foundation had already been cracked. You would think Hines would hire contractors professional enough to not damage stuff around them. They manage to do it in downtown all the time. Why would it be any different here?

• Like 1

What is the likelihood that this gets cancelled due to a lawsuit? It would be a shame for Hines to get this far and then have to stop.. It would be like Houston's own little version of the Chcago Spire. I hope the rumors about cracked foundations and stuff aren't true and it turns out the foundation had already been cracked. You would think Hines would hire contractors professional enough to not damage stuff around them. They manage to do it in downtown all the time. Why would it be any different here?

None. Stop worrying.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...