San Felipe Place: Office Building At 2229 San Felipe St.

OMG! I have properties on Mimosa.  We thought they would be mid rises.  There is nothing but old apartments near there.  They have build many track mansion from $700-$1,000.000.  But we never thought they would build a office building there.  I wonder if it will block some views from The Huntingdon?  When will he announce the skyscraper on Main?  He just sold BG Group Place for $480,000.  :unsure:

i wonder whose back yards the tenants will get to spy on?  i would not be a happy camper if it were behind, beside or in front of me.............cool building though.

why would this building make any difference? the huntington is down the street and is literally twice as tall, in addition to the 12 story BBVA Compass office building right next door.

• Like 2

why would this building make any difference? the huntington is down the street and is literally twice as tall, in addition to the 12 story BBVA Compass office building right next door.

Exactly. The fact that there are already two big towers a block away is what's going to prevent anything even resembling the Ashby mess from happening here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

#4 under "Specific Concerns"

Hines proposalis for a multi-use skyscraper. To date, no commercial tenants are named. A probable bank has been proposed as a tenant. The study cites no impact for those commercial tenants, their vendors or customers.

http://stopsanfelipeskyscraper.org/uploads/3/3/1/4/3314180/ogg_letter_to_krueger.pdf

Edit - Hines has a website up as well for 2229 San Felipe.

http://www.2229sanfelipe.com/

Edited by Urbannizer

• 1 month later...

A report on 2229 San Felipe will air at 5:30 today on Abc13, the nimbys are holding a meeting.

You know, I don't have a problem with this building at that location at all.  That said, while I think their arguments are a tad silly, I don't really have a problem with the nimbys either.  Civic involvement is a positive.  It's a good thing that people get involved in the development of their neighborhood instead of just remaining passive.  After all, if they don't like a development we really can't always expect people to just ignore it.  Until there is a political process in place to allow input into local development, Houston is going to be subject to neighborhood nimbyism. 

• Like 1

You know, I don't have a problem with this building at that location at all.  That said, while I think their arguments are a tad silly, I don't really have a problem with the nimbys either.  Civic involvement is a positive.  It's a good thing that people get involved in the development of their neighborhood instead of just remaining passive.  After all, if they don't like a development we really can't always expect people to just ignore it.  Until there is a political process in place to allow input into local development, Houston is going to be subject to neighborhood nimbyism. 

Having a "process" in place to allow input into local development would do nothing to reduce, let alone eliminate, nimbyism.