Sign in to follow this  
august948

Favorite Coffee Houses

august948    700

Love Agora for ambiance, but they need to step up their game a little with the quality of their coffee. A lot of places have passed them from that aspect. We may need a coffee thread...

Voila!

• Like 1

kylejack    849

I like: Southside Espresso, Double Trouble, and Doshi House both for coffee and atmosphere. I like the coffee at Catalina, but not always the vibe.

august948    700

My personal favorite tends to be IHOP. I know it's not very hip, but I got used to drinking coffee while studying late into the night at the one next to campus in my undergrad years. And back in the day there weren't many coffee shops around, especially in Waco.

livincinco    559

Agora if I'm just looking to hang out and surf, but Blacksmith for the coffee. I agree with you about Catalina. Good coffee, but not particularly friendly. If you're looking for something not in the usual areas, I highly recommend Cafe Fioza down in Meyerland.

samagon    2,204

I need to try blacksmith. I'll have a coke at agora, but not usually a coffee. double trouble makes a good latte, as does catalina (wish they had more outdoor seating though).

I've been spending most of my time making my own coffee and espresso drinks lately, around August I'll be frequenting my own coffee shop on UH campus :)

ekdrm2d1    2

I'm enjoying Cavo Coffee. They present themselves as a luxury coffee house.

https://www.cavocoffee.com/

Their main business is in the Regions Financial Bank building in GWP.  They had a pop-up location at ROD but since changed to a more permanent location in West U on Bissonnet.  Friendly staff, high end equipment, great coffee.. and surroundings..

If I had Cavo Coffee in the lobby of the building I work at..

ekdrm2d1    2

Went to Cavo's "light opening" a few weeks ago.  Very cool! Love the interior and coffee equip

WZb2TSL.jpg

QVcQyjh.jpg

gene    948

Brasil is my long time haunt (like 23 years?) and their coffee really is excellent! Also love Empire Cafe because of those darn little cookies you get with the coffee...! haha! 

nate4l1f3    495

I’m not sure there’s a coffee house I don’t like tbh, and I’m pretty sure I’ve tried 90% of the most popular ones in the city. I wish somehow I could get paid off doing so lol.  I’ll throw an out of the box suggestion and go with slowpokes on W 34th and Alba.  Also, I’m partial to the coffee shops that actually use theirs AC!  It’s surprising to me how many of them keep it warm inside. 

august948    700

Recently got hooked on flat whites.  The Fellini's in Rice Village makes a pretty good one.  Anyone know of other places to try?

ekdrm2d1    2

Today I noticed WF PO had zero Kenya AA coffee. Wonder if they should expand their “coffee bar”