Home At 4511 Walker St.

Hello. Saw the listing for this house at 4511 walker in Eastwood. Was wondering if any haif-ers living in Eastwood have seen this house before on home tours, etc? Looks beautiful in the pictures and my wife wants to go take a look but just always looking for inside scoop. Seems strange to have a house that old with stucco? Any thoughts welcome!

I know the owners through neighbhorhood activities, and they are big boosters in the area.  It's always been one of my favorite homes (from a curb appeal standpoint, I don't know much about the interior), and is a great size for the area, a home you could actually raise a family in and still have space to spare.  I've lived here since 2007, and it's always been in immaculate condition.  Though there are some rough houses (i.e., "potential") on the block, those blocks are pretty desireable to be on.

eta:  I don't know much about stucco, except to say that this is the "real" deal, and so I think many of the modern issues with the fake stuff doesn't apply.

eta:  I don't know much about stucco, except to say that this is the "real" deal, and so I think many of the modern issues with the fake stuff doesn't apply.

True, stucco is very durable. When properly installed and detailed it can give decades of service. A house of this age should show any problems if there are any.

With the newer exterior insulated finish systems (EIFS), which have been around for about 30 years now, the problems do not arise from the finish coat itself. This is usually a polymer modified cementitious  coating very similar to traditional stucco. The majority of problems arise from moisture getting behind this finish coat and the polystyrene insulation which supports it. The issues at hand are most often improper detailing of openings (flashing not properly designed or installed) and joints where the EIFS meets other types of exterior materials like brick or wood siding.

• The title was changed to 4511 Walker St.
  • The title was changed to Home At 4511 Walker St.

Archived