Sign in to follow this  
brijonmang

HAIF Happy Hour

I'm still not sure why you have this sneaking suspicion that I'm a Tech fan or anything, but thank you for making yourself available.  :)

I'm not a Tech fan but when I was visiting family in west Texas last summer I saw a Tech shirt in a store that said: "Texas Tech - We Bust Ours to Kick Yours".  Wish now I would have bought one just for the sentiment.

I'm goin home to eat first. Ill be there about 6:30

Had a good time and I liked that place.. There was plenty of room for us - kinda like suburbs :P jk

• Like 2

That was really cool... We should meet up more often. It was interesting, many thanks to Lockmat, that was eye candy. Redscare, thanks for being 2nd, and everyone else who showed up.

I apologize I had to leave, but they made plans first. All of you haifers gained some respect. And I look forward to hanging out again.

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 1

post-3974-13700853396819_thumb.jpg

A good time was had by all. Good to meet some newer HAIFErs. Encouraging to see the old ones are hanging in there ;).

• Like 1

Agreed. Thanks for putting this together. I enjoyed getting to meet all of you and would love to do it again.

• Like 1

Agreed with everything said so far. It was good meeting everyone and we'll have to have more in the future. Thanks to lockmat for the eye candy and porchman for the apps.

• Like 1

Much fun indeed! It was so great (and yes kinda weird) to actually attach life forms to our many word battles. Though I'm not sure what y'all are are referring to with the "eye candy" comments.

Edited by totheskies
  • Like 1

They are referring to the rendering

It was interesting. A lot of knowledgable members, and it's kinda cool to match their faces to their posts. At least now everyone who went can match the idiotic posts I make with a face.

I enjoyed seeing everyone as usual. I especially enjoyed meeting some new faces. Hope to do it again soon.

Sorry to miss this one due to a last minute change of plans.  Life is keeping me busy in way too many areas.  See you next time, I hope! 

Since my power is out I am craving a drink. We need another happy hour before 2014! No hipster or doucheois places though. Before or after thanksgiving?

Since my power is out I am craving a drink. We need another happy hour before 2014! No hipster or doucheois places though. Before or after thanksgiving?

Does such a place exist?

I'm hoping to have the coffee shop open before the holidays.

I was actually thinking about starting this discussion again myself!  I'm down.  I say we take this to the least douchey part of town...Cypress!!  Haha ok but seriously lets get this going!

Yes but eliminates certain areas of town completely.

Is your last name sebelius?

ugh :(

it feels like it right now.

at least we got past one problem. city permits + center point = unhappy

I vote for Friday the 22nd or Saturday the 23rd. And for the place I say... There is a spectacular wine bar on san Felipe and Winrock. It's in the retail portion of the huge apartment complex... They also have a huge assortment of beer. Don't recall any finger foods... But I don't know if everyone is down for wine & beer. Just a suggestion. Plus I can walk to it.

Edited by Montrose1100

I vote for Friday the 22nd or Saturday the 23rd. And for the place I say... There is a spectacular wine bar on san Felipe and Winrock. It's in the retail portion of the huge apartment complex... They also have a huge assortment of beer. Don't recall any finger foods... But I don't know if everyone is down for wine & beer. Just a suggestion. Plus I can walk to it.

Winetopia, just for clarification.  Pretty much behind the Valero on San Felipe.

What's wrong with lounges?

nothing. the time I went there it was loud, not the type of place i'd want to go with a group to talk.

nothing. the time I went there it was loud, not the type of place i'd want to go with a group to talk.

It's always been quiet when i go. Oh well no one else is on band wagon, so is this happy hour still happening or what? I could do the weekend of the 23rd. or December 7th,

I'm actually headed there this afternoon for a mooners happy hr.   dec 7 is bad.  all the Christmas parties are already on peoples' calendars.  sorry for not logging in more often.  lot less to look at nowadays.

So did y'all already meet and not invite me?

What about early October? Weekend of the 4th?

I know meeting at a bar is practical, but I would be willing to chip in to rent out a cool space like Rockerfeller Hall, and bringing ungodly amounts of booze. Can you tell I want an excuse to go there?

Has anyone been to mixers & elixirs at the museum? I feel like that would be a cool place for us nerds to meet up and possibly spread the word about the forum to other like minded people. Maybe even meet people in industries that we could squeeze for info ("network").

• Like 2

I went to Mixers and Elixirs tonight. If you stay in the lobby of the museum, it would probably be more ideal for conversation and drinking than in the exhibit hall where most of the action takes place.

Edited by JLWM8609