Holiday Inn Hotel At 1616 Main St.

jdbaker

Do those building in the background exist?

No, they are just put in there. I guess to give the rendering a downtown setting. Not sure why you just wouldn't use the real thing.

I just don't think the rendering is 100% accurate. The colors that are being applied don't match the colors in the renderings that we've seen. Unless whatever they are applying isn't the final product...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Drove by the HoliSavoy yesterday, on the way to Alvin, and uh-oh, the paint job has come to a crashing halt since Triton's posting. Has all the focus switched to interior work now, leaving the exterior a stark contrast of the original faded Savoy and the new shades of gray? I couldn't imagine why you would start a paint job and not finish, unless they were testing color schemes and how much paint the old girl is going to suck up during the recoat. It looks pretty bad with the fresh paint butted up against the faded red background behind the sign, lol.

Drove by the HoliSavoy yesterday, on the way to Alvin, and uh-oh, the paint job has come to a crashing halt since Triton's posting. Has all the focus switched to interior work now, leaving the exterior a stark contrast of the original faded Savoy and the new shades of gray? I couldn't imagine why you would start a paint job and not finish, unless they were testing color schemes and how much paint the old girl is going to suck up during the recoat. It looks pretty bad with the fresh paint butted up against the faded red background behind the sign, lol.

Rainy weather?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any time I see a big 10+ story slabof brick wall like that I think that someone creative (not me) could paint something intersting on it.

For some reason, giant advertisements on such buildings (in other cities, not here for some reason) don't offend me.

• 4 weeks later...