My husband just started work in Houston, so I'm starting to look for work now. Currently, I'm clerking for the Chief Justice of the Austin Court of Appeals and my 1 year term will be up at the end of August.

So here's my shameless self-promotion:

I graduated from UT, JD with honors, in 2004, and have passed the TX bar exam. I've got undergrad degrees in Finance and Biology, with honors, from UT. I've also got 3 years of client service experience under my belt in the Houston office of a Big Four accounting firm doing valuation, financial modeling, and forensic accounting work, so I'm very comfortable with crazy work schedules, different personality types, demanding clients, and working with numbers.

I'm interested in transactional work, either in a firm or in-house. Opportunity permitting, I'm especially interested in working with biotech, pharmaceutical or energy companies (I'm a bio science geek at heart - and have passed the patent bar), or French companies (I'm French, fluent, and have dual US-French citizenship).

I'm interested in practicing "business" law, meaning I'd like to help companies with their business-related legal needs. Real estate, contracts, and other business-related legal work really appeal to me.

Feel free to drop me a line if you are looking for someone like me or know of a good opening. aeonflux10 at gmail.com

Archived