One Market Square: Proposed Office Tower For Block 43 - 800 Preston St.

lockmat

So both Hines and this building are now proposed for 41 floors?

Hines new tower is 49 floors, and if this rendering is anything to go off of, it will be 50 floors. if this one happens Houston will have 3 towers over 700' rising simultaneously. 

heres the new rendering again so it people see it when they open the page.

international-tower-rendering.jpg

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 4

maybe its a 41 story tower on top of a 9 story garage/podium, a la Chevrons "50" story tower, on top of a multi story podium, making the building taller than the 50 stories claimed.

it is 41 stories. period. wishing it otherwise won't make it so so everyone needs to come to grips with it.

let me clarify that the top floor is double in height and the crown is about 4 stories tall, though.

Edited by swtsig
  • Like 3

it is 41 stories. period. wishing it otherwise won't make it so so everyone needs to come to grips with it.

you have insider information or something that proves its only 41 stories? if you count the floors its about 41 stories on top of a garage, but maybe these renderings are old and the overall floor count really did get reduced to 41. either way its going to look great and extend the skyline north by 2 blocks.

let me clarify that the top floor is double in height and the crown is about 4 stories tall, though.

Then can a mod please change the thread title already, I'm tired of getting excited everytime I open Going Up and read "50 story tower" only to remember that its only 41. Edited by Howard Huge

Then can a mod please change the thread title already, I'm tired of getting excited everytime I open Going Up and reading "50 story tower" only to remember that its only 41.

haha, right? will Linbeck just come out and give us some real information already?

you have insider information or something that proves its only 41 stories? if you count the floors its about 41 stories on top of a garage, but maybe these renderings are old and the overall floor count really did get reduced to 41. either way its going to look great and extend the skyline north by 2 blocks.

Agreed.  The rendering clearly shows more than 41 stories.

This rendering is beyond optimistic.  The reason they have been hiding it is that there is no way in the Houston tenant market that this thing will work financially.  The location isn't great and the design is way to expensive.  I wish these guys the best but this thing will never break ground looking like that. 

As a side note, this rendering doesn't even show you how complex the facade design really is.  There are more curves going on than this image shows.

• Like 3

Swtsig said it was 41 stories a long time ago. He doesn't need a source, he is the source.

• Like 2

This rendering is beyond optimistic.  The reason they have been hiding it is that there is no way in the Houston tenant market that this thing will work financially.  The location isn't great and the design is way to expensive.  I wish these guys the best but this thing will never break ground looking like that. 

As a side note, this rendering doesn't even show you how complex the facade design really is.  There are more curves going on than this image shows.

What are you talking about?

• Like 3

Swtsig said it was 41 stories a long time ago. He doesn't need a source, he is the source.

haha, so he is THE source. i thought he was the same one that is always posting insider info but i havent started actively following the forums until recently so i wasnt sure. good to know, thanks.

Personally this is by far the best of the three proposed office towers. It is confusing that they wouldn't publicly release the renderings earlier to get more attention and better compete with Hines and Skanska who have had their renderings and building information floating around for a while. Unless they were able to equally market this tower to tenants without using Houston Real Estate media?

haha, so he is THE source. i thought he was the same one that is always posting insider info but i havent started actively following the forums until recently so i wasnt sure. good to know, thanks.

He is not swamplot's source, but he knows what is goin on ;)

Why do you always question legitimate sources?

Oh for gawd's sake.  The question practically asks itself when the rendering of a "41 story" building clearly shows more than 41 stories.   No attack on anyone's integrity.  Just stating the rather obvious.  

This is a forum for the purpose of sharing and necessarily questioning information.  We don't know identities, for the most part, and therefore don't know what information is legitimate and what is not.  Forums such as these often attract people who like to pretend to know things they don't know (See, for example Montrose1100's recent confession.)   When  there are obvious gaps, inconsistencies, irrelevancies, and patent nonsense in stories, I will question it and encourage all others to do so as well.

Further, there was really no reason for Swtsig's tone attacking those who were speculating whether the building was 41 stories or (as represented in the rendering) more like 50 stories.   If a developer releases a rendering of a building that obviously has more floors than said developer plans, well . . . people are going to speculate, especially when so very little information at all has been released about this proposal.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

Oh for gawd's sake. The question practically asks itself when the rendering of a "41 story" building clearly shows more than 41 stories. No attack on anyone's integrity. Just stating the rather obvious.

HoustonTx provided information that was later proven true and so did hoothrepoo, yet you called them both out as essentially liars, which soured them both. Thankfully hoothrepoo is coming back.

Swtsig has proven himself many times over, too.

I just don't get it.

Edit: the developer didn't release the rendering, it was leaked.

Edited by lockmat

HoustonTx provided information that was later proven true and so did hoothrepoo, yet you called them both out as essentially liars, which soured them both. Thankfully hoothrepoo is coming back.

Swtsig has proven himself many times over, too.

I just don't get it.

Edit: the developer didn't release the rendering, it was leaked.

I know Swtsig has proven himself over many times.  I respect his posts and in fact did not even question him per se.  I merely pointed out the rather obvious disconnect between his proclaimed 41 stories and the rendering clearly showing will more than 41 stories.  If we can't question posts here and have discussions, we might as well just read Swamplot and forget about HAIF.  I wonder if Editor would prefer that.  Get it?

This thread (minus your ridiculous rants against me) is a good example.  Questions are raised.  Swtsig clarifies.  Better information all around.

As regards, hoothrewpoo, to the extent I may have implied (rather jokingly because of his name) that he was lying it was clearly spurred by rather wildly contradictory and unexplained posts.  Yes, I pointed out the obvious unexplained inconsistencies.  He was a brand new poster and I was testing his knowledge.   If one is going to post information on a public forum, one needs to expect some questioning (frankly, especially when one chooses a name like whothrewpoo; it doesn't exactly spur confidence.)  ;-)

HoustonTx... Again, I did not call him a liar.  Only that the story he was repeating was silly nonsense and highly unlikely to be true.  I stand by that opinion.  I didn't call him a liar nor do I have any particular reason to think he's a liar.  I think he's gullible and perhaps naive, but not a liar.  I've seen and heard a lot of corporate rumors in my day and have a pretty good sense of them.  The transplanted tree story sounds like a corporate rumor, especially with the ridiculous $1 Million price tag.  And don't worry, HoustonTx will be back.  He's played this little drama queen game before when someone dared to ask a question (and it wasn't me).

Edited by Houston19514

Hines new tower is 49 floors, and if this rendering is anything to go off of, it will be 50 floors. if this one happens Houston will have 3 towers over 700' rising simultaneously.

heres the new rendering again so it people see it when they open the page.

international-tower-rendering.jpg

If somehow both 609 Main & International Tower get built, I'd imagine the skyline will literally have a "ski slope" look on the east edge from the 45 North view.

And they said Houston was flat. We'd have a mountain of steel & glass lol!

1.jpg

• Like 1

If somehow both 609 Main & International Tower get built, I'd imagine the skyline will literally have a "ski slope" look on the east edge from the 45 North view.

And they said Houston was flat. We'd have a mountain of steel & glass lol!

Perhaps, it will look something like this, from this angle.

newskyline.jpg

• Like 6

That would be awesome but I figured International Tower would be closer in height to the Hines tower in this rendering (since this rendering shows the 41 story version of Hines, which is the same floor count as I.T.), maybe a bit taller. This will end up being shorter than Hines after both buildings redesigns.

Old rendering. Hasn't been 50 stories since December.

I'm a little hesitant to ask a question, given the attacks from Lockmat for having questioned "legitimate sources", but I seriously wonder . . .  is this building proposal really completely absolutely set at 41 stories, or is that just the current plan, subject to adjustment and revision as the market warrants?  (It seems that unless they are quite close to actual construction, the final size is still open to adjustment, no?)  If the size is final and unchangeable, is that a good sign for those who are eager to see construction?

Edited by Houston19514

It'll probably be a bit shorter. What do y'all think it'll come in at? ~650'?

i just noticed this quote. according to someone who is quite familiar with the renderings the 41 story tower will be close to 725' (its about equal to the Fullbright Tower in the renderings).

Two new iconic towers for Houston will chane our skyline forever.

agreed, especially coming in from the north side of town, these towers will stand out nicely from pretty much every angle except the south. now that the design has been released i want this building to be built even more. it would be a fantastic addition/extension of the skyline.