One Market Square: Proposed Office Tower For Block 43 - 800 Preston St.

lockmat

• 1 month later...

i hope this one gets built instead of 5AC.. it would make quite an impact on that part of the skyline and the design sounds dramatic. of course having both built would be nice too but thats a lot of new floor space on top of whats already planned for all the other towers. did we ever agree which curved shape this tower looks like? a cross between a head and sholders bottle and the Burj al Arab in Dubai?

Where is the rendering? I thought it was a secret.

it is a secret but hints were given (see page 2). im thinking the "head and shoulders" reference might of been meant towards the mock up tower/place holder in the skyline picture posted, im not sure if that guy has actually seen the rendering. if it looks anything like Burj al Arab i will be extremely excited, though that design would probably be better fit in uptown. maybe it will be the catalyst that will start making downtown architecture interesting again.

Edited by cloud713

Oh I understand. I think he has not seen it. It would be announced, since Skansa and Hines are speeding up development. What a waste of time. :)

There are actually a decent few of us that have seen it as referenced earlier in the thread. It hasn't been shown publicly so that poster was told that legal action could be taken if he posted it online. Like others have said, it's a nice looking building in a great spot.

Oh I understand. I think he has not seen it. It would be announced, since Skansa and Hines are speeding up development. What a waste of time. :)

only the head and shoulders guy hasnt seen the rendering (i dont think?), unless he was maybe describing the overall shape of the building, whereas the other people that for sure have seen it were talking about the more dramatic architectural "top fin fish" feature on top?

Why are they so secretive with the design and why are they so late, when compared to the other proposals? Aren't all of these buildings racing to secure potential  tenants?

If this design is the best, then why are they holding it back?

would we be safe to assume this building would be close to 900 feet with the architectural feature on top? its not uncommon for 50 story office buildings to be 800 feet these days.

I would say closer to 750ft. It didn't look that tall next to the JP Morgan Chase Tower.

I would say closer to 750ft. It didn't look that tall next to the JP Morgan Chase Tower.

oh bummer, so what about the architectural top fin fish sail? does part of that not protrude from the top like a spire? a 750 footer is still cool to expand the skyline a ilttle further to the north, i was just hoping it would be more like the Burj al Arab which is 60 stories but over 1,000' due to its spire/sail feature.

Edited by cloud713

No twisting... If you squint your eyes and put Vaseline over your eyebrows, it might look like the top one. If you imagines a Houston version, then you will lower your expectations. I still think it looks cool though. Probably the best one proposed in a while.

That was after a couple beers though.

• Like 2

What Montrose said but I would say closer to the second ones with their sharper features and more squarish footprint. I realize those don't have a square look to them but the proposed building is more square with what looked like slight curvature on the sides

Disclaimer: I had a few beers myself before viewing

Edited by brijonmang

See the attached tower. See the part butting out? The form of this Stream tower is the same in that sense but the part butting out is curved, sort or like a sail and of course that part that butts out comes to a point at the top, like a sail. However, once the sail part reaches above the boxed portion, the top "finned" part seems to encompass and include the entire area of a floor plate. Out of the four corners, the fin climbs to one point. Kind of like pulling up one corner of a blanket sprawled out on a floor.

Sorry if that is confusing, English is my first language :P

post-723-0-35262900-1373764994.jpg

• Like 2

Why are they so secretive with the design and why are they so late, when compared to the other proposals? Aren't all of these buildings racing to secure potential  tenants?

If this design is the best, then why are they holding it back?

I agree I think the 80,s alot of these companies moved at break neck speed to build then the bust happened, and now it has created some kind of fear in the back of their minds which are casuing them to drag their feet... The first time they moved to fast could this time they move to slow ??