One Market Square: Proposed Office Tower For Block 43

lockmat

I am a bit disappointed that this continues to get leased up compared to the more interesting spaces around.

what I really want is the tower to start construction. Someone mentioned Hines is involved - is that true? I thought this was completely unrelated to Hines.

• Like 1

So they must be taking the two suites that face Travis, right?

HVlvX8q.png

The ground does slope down to go to the lower level and extends pretty far back. Not sure what the space looks like inside. Couldn't find a leasing brochure. 

u2IgTK7.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Avossos said:

I am a bit disappointed that this continues to get leased up compared to the more interesting spaces around.

what I really want is the tower to start construction. Someone mentioned Hines is involved - is that true? I thought this was completely unrelated to Hines.

Yeah, last I checked the owner of this block was suing Hines for cutting off tunnel access during construction of Texas Tower. I hope Hines makes them a nice offer for this lot in the next few years, they've had almost a decade to do something here and have only managed a parking garage. Five other downtown office towers have either been built or broken ground since they've been trying to build this thing.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

Yeah, last I checked the owner of this block was suing Hines for cutting off tunnel access during construction of Texas Tower. I hope Hines makes them a nice offer for this lot in the next few years, they've had almost a decade to do something here and have only managed a parking garage. Five other downtown office towers have either been built or broken ground since they've been trying to build this thing.

The Linbeck family owns this property, and they have no relationship to any Hines entity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
15 minutes ago, TheSirDingle said:

Wonder if they're ever going to get that tower built. This lot is kind of the odd one out in the area now, especially since you have a bunch of high end residential and office towers directly next to it.

Once they throw it up the area will feel more complete.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, kennyc05 said:

Once they throw it up the area will feel more complete.

The very ugly Chronicle garage was knocked down and nearby a less hideous but still ugly garage took its place. Improvement of sorts. Just hope you all are correct and a building is placed there and the garage appearance is ameliorated somehow. It will then look more complete and more pleasing.

26 minutes ago, HNathoo said:

Maybe it's a roof top theatre? Can't imagine a 3k sq ft theatre unless that area was only for amenities.

There's a ground-floor retail space available on the Travis side of the parking garage. This is likely a small theater for comedy shows and improv.

• Like 3

On 1/10/2022 at 4:51 PM, Houston19514 said:

Very interesting.  Brass Jar Productions is a New York production company that produces standing productions in New York and Chicago of "Drunk Shakespeare" and other shows.  Are they expanding to Houston?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phillip_white said:

There's a ground-floor retail space available on the Travis side of the parking garage. This is likely a small theater for comedy shows and improv.

Ah ok, that makes sense.