One Market Square: Proposed Office Tower For Block 43 - 800 Preston St.

lockmat

Bam!

houston-cbd-skyline-q1-2013-web*600.jpg

Yup that's it. So what are all of the numbers now since this graph is from last April? I thought One Allen Center and Pennzoil Place are still among the worst performers. (That's why Brookfield is having to renovate OAC to stay relevant).

Although the information is from last quarter, these charts provide some of the newest numbers for downtown Houston:

http://www.joneslanglasalle.com/ResearchLevel1/Houston_Office%20Insight_Q4%202013.pdf

http://www.joneslanglasalle.com/ResearchLevel1/Houston-Office-Highlights-Q4-2013-JLL.pdf

As you can tell, the last article still mentions Chevron building their next tower mid-2014 so clearly we'll have to wait another month or two to get the Q1-2014 information which should have the latest information.

(Jones Lang LaSalle is the same organization that created the above graph).

Of all the buildings in the "potential" category, I like this one the most. It would be one of the next notable Houston skyscrapers.

you really think International Tower would possibly be Houstons next "notable" skyscraper? you dont like 609 Main...? one is just a box with a curve on one side.. the other is a uniquely angled 3d polygon. both will/would have LED lighting...

dont get me wrong. I.T. used to be my favorite design of the new proposals, partly because of the curve and the long strip of color changing LEDs, but i think 609 Main will be the more timeless classic design in the long run.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the most unlikely is Allen Center... there is no way that is happening. Their attitude is "we need it 40% leased for it to be a go". With all these projects coming along, there are too many options for companies wanting downtown space, many of which are under construction. I would love to see international tower built and kick off soon!

• 1 month later...

This is great news!! I assume they are keeping the existing rendering?

I still believe now is the time to build. Houston may not need to 'grow' as much office space that is proposed, but the new space will fuel aging properties to lower rents or rennovate their spaces. All and all, I think the new office space is a good thing and it is not necessary for any of us to worry about at this time.

I love the location of this one. 41 floors is OK, but I am still wanting a super-tall.

• Like 1