One Market Square: Proposed Office Tower For Block 43 - 800 Preston St.

lockmat

Linbeck has the same suite number in addition to the street address.  Could be a central mailroom for the building though. Just spitballing though, so who knows. .

It almost sounds like the same groups that were behind the International Tower. Perhaps this development has taken a new form.

"Theater Square" sounds like it would make for a nice condo development name.  Given how hot that market has been of late, I wonder if a developer would make a go of a condo development in this part of Downtown.  I think presales for the Marlowe have been slower than in other parts of the city, but a developer looking at a longer timeline for presales could take advantage of the remaining Downtown Living Initiative incentives for this project.

• Like 2

"Theater Square" sounds like it would make for a nice condo development name. Given how hot that market has been of late, I wonder if a developer would make a go of a condo development in this part of Downtown. I think presales for the Marlowe have been slower than in other parts of the city, but a developer looking at a longer timeline for presales could take advantage of the remaining Downtown Living Initiative incentives for this project.

After all, "affordable" living is relative to how far up the totem pole you are.

Linbeck Group, L.P. is the Grantor under the modification referenced in the plat and also appears to be the Grantor under the original Deed of Trust.  The same Linbeck employee signed on behalf of the Theater Square,  L.P., so it would appear the development of this parcel is Linbeck-run show.

• Like 1

Linbeck has the same suite number in addition to the street address. Could be a central mailroom for the building though. Just spitballing though, so who knows. .

You're right, it's Linbeck. And could this be the general shape of the building?

http://www.aquinascorp.com/aq_contact.html

post-723-0-07978300-1444264762_thumb.jpg

Edited by lockmat
  • Like 2

I don't know why that says it's appraised at $5.5m. Old data? HCAD puts the block at about $19m, but for some reason it's two separate records (one for lots 1-10 and 12 at $17,253,700 and one for lot 11 at $1,879,922):

http://www.hcad.org/records/details.asp?crypt=%94%9A%B0%94%BFg%84%8D%80zlg%8El%87tXtaW%9E%99%A2%D3%89%95%C2e%7CU%8A%81%86%C0%AB%A8%AD%86%5E&bld=1&tab=2

http://www.hcad.org/records/details.asp?crypt=%94%9A%B0%94%BFg%84%8D%80zlg%8El%87tXuXW%9E%99%A2%D3%89%95%C2e%7CU%8A%81%86%C0%AB%A8%AD%86%5E&bld=1&tab=2

It even shows Theater Square as the owner of the block since 11/16/1999, so there's nothing new there.

• Like 2

It would appear the replat is designed to eliminate the lot distinctions and convert the whole property into one big unrestricted reserve.  I am not sure about any prior restrictions on the individual lots, but this replat could just end up being much ado about nothing--I would think it would be easier to convey one big unrestricted, undeveloped parcel than a number of small lots.

• Like 1

It would appear the replat is designed to eliminate the lot distinctions and convert the whole property into one big unrestricted reserve.  I am not sure about any prior restrictions on the individual lots, but this replat could just end up being much ado about nothing--I would think it would be easier to convey one big unrestricted, undeveloped parcel than a number of small lots.

Conveyance is based on legal description, so it doesn't make much difference if the parcels are combined or not. All the times it's traded hands in the past, the parcels weren't combined. Now if you build something on it, that is when it makes sense to combine parcels.

If you're going to post rumors, at least provide all of the information.

It's a 102-story W Hotel.

While I know your comment was tongue-n-check, is this lot even large enough to house a tower in the 1200 to 1400 foot range? I would think for a tower that tall you'd need a pretty large base...far larger than anything we've seen in Houston to date.

While I know your comment was tongue-n-check, is this lot even large enough to house a tower in the 1200 to 1400 foot range? I would think for a tower that tall you'd need a pretty large base...far larger than anything we've seen in Houston to date.

Take a look at any of the supertalls going up in NYC right now.  Granted the bedrock is quite a bit harder, but width isn't much of a limiting factor anymore.  

How tall do you want to go? How much money have you got?

The new One World Trade Center is ~270 feet square at the base, our blocks are 330 feet from street center to street center.  432 Park in NYC takes up about 1/3 of one of their blocks (really long between avenues), but looks like it would fit in a Houston block. I think they could do it if they wanted.

432 Park Ave in NYC is 1,396' and the base is only 180' on a side; this block is 250' per side.  So yeah we could totally get a super tall on this block.

Chase tower is 75 floors and it is only one block.  Are there any skyscrapers in Houston that are more than one block?  The only one I can think of is Houston center, and even there the towers are smaller than the blocks underneath them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/432_Park_Avenue