One Market Square: Proposed Office Tower For Block 43 - 800 Preston St.

lockmat

2) If they want to build a tunnel, doesn't that pretty much confirm this will mostly be an office tower?

Commerce Towers has tunnels, so there is a precedent for residential with tunnel access.  New build residential tunnel access on the other hand...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

On 4/29/2016 at 8:52 AM, cspwal said:

Tunnel connected residential should go well, but it is more likely that a tunnel connection means office building

Not necessarily.

On 4/29/2016 at 1:56 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

I want there to be some type of resolution because more tunnel access connecting Downtown is a good thing.

There will likely be resolution by Q4 this year.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, amashgo said:

Based on what I heard today, this is a green light. 

What exactly is a green-lighted? Tunnel connection or something actually going up? Is it commercial or residential?!? 

Edited by tigereye

1 hour ago, amashgo said:

I do know but can't share at this time. An above ground structure is all I can give you. 

Is it worth getting excited over? Scale of 1 to 10 with a 1 being "yawn" to 10 being "mega excited," where would you rank it?

Edited by wxman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Fingers crossed for a nice mixed-use facility with housing, a hotel, and retail.

Agreed, This would be nice.  But, frankly I am starting to think that downtown has reached "saturation" on hotels at this time.  Five years ago downtown had, what 5 hotels?  Since then, We have certainly more than doubled the beds and maybe close to tripled?  I don't know anything about the lodging industry but I would think that folks will hold off building more hotels until the current stock of newly opened and under-construction properties get absorbed.

57 minutes ago, kbates2 said:

If it is a parking garage I may end it.

Well according to the April article, half of the block with be a parking garage with retail

" The Linbeck entity said it is in the initial phase of developing its site, which will include a retail and parking structure on the southern half of the block. The city has approved its foundation permit. "

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Downtown-property-owner-files-lawsuit-to-halt-7375374.php

Perhaps I should have gone with woof in response to the garage post. I'm sure it'll be hideous. 

I will say though, I would love a chic-fil-a over here. Barnabys is horribly expensive, Fusion Taco sucks and is expensive, Hearsay & Batanga are also expensive. I'm tired of eating at Market Square Bar & Grill. Walking to the garage to drive somewhere is a pain. There needs to be more options down here :/ Especially cause summer is hot AF and that kills any motivation to walk to the tunnels.

11 minutes ago, cspwal said:

Chik-fil-a! One that is open on Saturday too.  Or at least for dinner...

Though I would hate the whole block to just be a chick-fil-a with a drive through

Worse things could be built. And why not? Do a full block with a CFA drive though and then put a second level of retail and then parking and then they can top it off with whatever kind of building they want. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, amashgo said:

Worse things could be built. And why not? Do a full block with a CFA drive though and then put a second level of retail and then parking and then they can top it off with whatever kind of building they want. 

That hadn't occurred to me - it would be pretty awesome.  The building could even overhang over the parking lot and drive through area

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigFootsSocks said:

I'm starting a fast food restaurant called Chic-le-Fay that's only opened on Sunday's, only serves chicken, and didn't invent the chicken, but the Chicken Sandwhich on Sunday's. Looking for investors plzPM me soon

I'd like in on that axshun. 

• Like 1