One Market Square: Proposed Office Tower For Block 43 - 800 Preston St.

lockmat

This is great news!! I assume they are keeping the existing rendering?

I still believe now is the time to build. Houston may not need to 'grow' as much office space that is proposed, but the new space will fuel aging properties to lower rents or rennovate their spaces. All and all, I think the new office space is a good thing and it is not necessary for any of us to worry about at this time.

I love the location of this one. 41 floors is OK, but I am still wanting a super-tall.

Yes, now is the time to build. Right now, there isn't enough Class A space in Downtown if a large company wanted to move here. I think it's okay if the occupancy rate dips down under 90% every now and then. I love this location too, but I don't think it's right for a Super-tall. I would want a Super-tall to be built more in the center of downtown.

New info and development map I just received, it's not online yet. They also posted bidding information of this project online, buy you need an account to view it.

There you go again having great information! Great work as always Urbannizer. You already have great sources and you always dig up hidden news. You should look into reporting! You already spend so much time keeping us updated you might as well get paid for it haha.

Speaking of the new development map, I noticed the Chron article about the expanded incentive program mentioned 13 new residential developments announced for downtown since the program started. The March 2014 map shows 10, including Fingers' Ballpark(which I thought was announced before), adding the new complex in south downtown it's still only 11. Are there 2 additional developments on the new map? Sorry for going off topic and thanks again!

• Like 1

How is it like One Park Place?  Commercial vs Residential.  At worst this tower will have ~250' height on the OPP and a significantly larger per floor footprint.

Whoops wrong tower. Didn't realize we were talking about International Tower.

• Like 1

I think it is feasible because they may have got a tenant.  We do not need all tall skyscrapers over Market Square with no sun light!  Good for the summer!  But 609 Main was 41, then 47, now 49 flours.  So I believe they have a tenant.  Tenants want LEED silver, gold, or platinum office buildings.  That is why BG Group Place and Skansa off Post Oak had no tenants.  They are now sold a fully leased.    

LOL To be fair, Swtsigs has plenty of bursting-champagne-bottle posts him/herself.

I know, I love swtsig, my post was a testament to the validity of his insider information, when he says a project is a go, its a go, when he says its not its not.

Thus the disappointment when I read his post. :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Glad we got some public confirmation. This one still looks good but as stwsig pointed out in another thread, we need to keep an eye on general construction cost. They're not going to build an office tower if it doesn't make economical sense.

• 3 weeks later...