One Market Square: Proposed Office Tower For Block 43 - 800 Preston St.

lockmat

InternationalTowerintheCBDisbeingdevelopedbyStreamRealty and Essex Commercial Properties. This 925,000-square-foot, 37 story, Class A building in the CBD is being marketed as Houston’s first 50-story office tower in 30 years.

http://www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/ResearchLevel1/Houston%20Highlights_Q1_2013.pdf

Hbj mentioned this in one of their articles yesterday

Per the article it is bounded by Preston, Prarie, Milam, Travis and is 750,000 sqf which contradicts jll

When I look at the location it is the same location as the supposed linbeck location. Can someone explain?

• Like 7

That is awsome news. Hope its true though

It's true. Maybe the going up section isn't the best place for this.

But as others here and in the media have said, whichever developer gets the first big tenant will build. The other likely wont IMO for at least 3-4 years.

Well I'm looking forward to seeing renderings for this. Hopefully it looks iconic like the proposed hines tower.

It's true. Maybe the going up section isn't the best place for this.

But as others here and in the media have said, which ever developer gets the first big tenant will build. The other likely wont IMO for at least 3-4 Well 

Edited by TowerSpotter

Im confused... it refers to it as 37 story then it refers to it as greater than 50...?

I saw that too. All I could think of is that they must be including the garage in the 50 stories. Although that is a pretty big garage, isn't it?

Well I'm looking forward to seeing renderings for this. Hopefully it looks iconic like the proposed hines tower.

It has a striking curvature that would be a big hit on this board. Although it was initially designed as a 50 story tower, it's already been scaled down to 41 or 42 stories.

Edit: it will have a dramatic effect on the northern skyline.

Edited by swtsig

InternationalTowerintheCBDisbeingdevelopedbyStreamRealty and Essex Commercial Properties. This 925,000-square-foot, 37 story, Class A building in the CBD is being marketed as Houston’s first 50-story office tower in 30 years.

http://www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/ResearchLevel1/Houston%20Highlights_Q1_2013.pdf

Hbj mentioned this in one of their articles yesterday

Per the article it is bounded by Preston, Prarie, Milam, Travis and is 750,000 sqf which contradicts jll

When I look at the location it is the same location as the supposed linbeck location. Can someone explain?

Linbeck owns the site, Essex is the capital partner and stream is developing/leasing.

• Like 2

It has a striking curvature that would be a big hit on this board. Although it was initially designed as a 50 story tower, it's already been scaled down to 41 or 42 stories.

Edit: it will have a dramatic effect on the northern skyline.

When you say striking curvature, do you mean like A, B or C below:

A.  

free_6623502.jpg

B.

p7_ChaseTower_Night.jpg?v=1

C.

Al-Dar-Headquarters-MZ-Architects-03.jpg

Hmmm, the north facing view of the skyline is one of the best views. I hope they don't screw it up. What block is this supposed to be on?

Edit: nevermind. I found it: Preston, Prarie, Milam, Travis

Edited by wxman

Was it ever rumored to be mixed use? It's been strictly office for as long as I've known about it, excluding the ground floor retail.

What a shame if it is strictly office with token retail and the bottom. This site is perfect for a mixed use residential building.

After all, its front yard would be Market Square (Mini-Discovery Green), it is close proximity to the historic buildings that also front Market Square, and is close to Main Street and the Theater District. I could see a really nice residential building fitting in here.

You've seen the design?

Edited by shasta
  • Like 1

I only post this strange rendering that I found when I googled 'curved tower' because I thought the placement of this tower (with it's striking curvature) and it's relationship with the towers in the background (that look abstractly similar to Houston as viewed from the north) was very similar to where the speculated Stream/Essex tower would be. 

It would be weird if this was actually an early rendering or somehow related.

Rhino_Grasshopper_ParametricTower-1.jpg houston-i-45_i-10exit_300px.png

Edited by Mister X
  • Like 1

it's much, MUCH more traditional looking than that, assuming you believe me at all. :P

I believe you. Does this mean we can be friends now? 

The rendering I posted is too weird in every way to be true. Still, I thought there was something eerily similar to your description of the tower, the placement of the tower and the shape of the the buildings behind and around it (which is sort of burned into my mind), that I thought it would be worth bringing to people's attention here - just in case there was something to it.

I believe you. Does this mean we can be friends now?

The rendering I posted is too weird in every way to be true. Still, I thought there was something eerily similar to your description of the tower, the placement of the tower and the shape of the the buildings behind and around it (which is sort of burned into my mind), that I thought it would be worth bringing to people's attention here - just in case there was something to it.

Where did you find that rendering, anyway?

Current plans I've seen show the building will have a decent amount of retail on the ground floors - 2 stories with large restaurant balconies overlooking the park on the 2nd - a small plaza, and a significant entrance from Market Square to the tunnels. It seems there are efforts being made to tie it into the park and neighborhood as much as possible while also creating a signature tower. Could be interesting if current plans are developed.

• Like 4

swtsig/large TEXAS: you guys continuously post criptic messages of this tower. Can either of you please describe or post a pic of a current building it'll resemble? I'm sure all of us on this site would be appreciative! Thanks in advance :)

Current plans I've seen show the building will have a decent amount of retail on the ground floors - 2 stories with large restaurant balconies overlooking the park on the 2nd - a small plaza, and a significant entrance from Market Square to the tunnels. It seems there are efforts being made to tie it into the park and neighborhood as much as possible while also creating a signature tower. Could be interesting if current plans are developed.

That sounds great! Hope it is developed that way. (that is how the Hess Tower should have been designed)