Houston's Next Skyline

ehtx1

What area of Houston would be a potential candidate for the next Houston Skyline ? Right now we have 7 skylines. Downtown, Uptown/Galleria, Texas Medical Center, Greenway Plaza, Memorial/Energy Corridor, Westchase, and Greenspoint. I was thinking the Northwest/290 Skyline, the area around Tidwell and Hollister Rd. It has a few mid-rise buildings and definitely alot of commerce around that area. Another maybe forming is The Woodlands/Spring Skyline with the new ExxonMobil Campus being built on the northside and the buildings in The Woodlands Town Center. I'm sure there are other areas around town for consideration. Maybe not having zoning in Houston is a good idea cause if all these business centers were together it would be a traffic nightmare !

I read in one of the Bisnow articles that after the construction work is done on the Northwest/290 & Westloop freeways that there could be some office building construction in the area. They say it will be seen as an extension of the galleria area and that they have already began to see a uptick in office space rentals. Here is a link to the article.

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/will-290-be-the-hot-new-corridor/

Also seems like the Woodlands will have a pretty substantial skyline.

Archived