Bryan Development News

Scotch

From what I've heard there are two pizza joints locating either in the Kroger center or across Boonville in another smaller center...one was Doubledave's and the other I can't seem to think of the name of right now. I also heard that Jason's Deli was looking at the Kroger center. Cotton Patch isn't exactly to-die-for but considering there isn't a single restaurant in east Bryan its better than nothing.

I read in The Eagle this morning that an irish pub is going to open in Downtown Bryan. Does anyone know anything about that?

Im a GM for a local restaurant and have ties in the local industry. I know for sure that Double Dave's is going in Colony Center next to McCoy's, and Papa Johns is going in the new Kroger center with Cotton Patch. Ive also heard of a free-standing eatery on the corner of Boonville & Austins Colony Pkwy. I havent heard whats going in there yet though. Maybe the Chamber will know something soon.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im a GM for a local restaurant and have ties in the local industry. I know for sure that Double Dave's is going in Colony Center next to McCoy's, and Papa Johns is going in the new Kroger center with Cotton Patch. Ive also heard of a free-standing eatery on the corner of Boonville & Austins Colony Pkwy. I havent heard whats going in there yet though. Maybe the Chamber will know something soon.

Well, anything new is an improvement. I live in Copperfield and in April my family's business will be making the move from the middle of College Station to Park Hudson. So, I and the 10 or so other employees are curious what is going to be available within a short distance. You know, something does seem strange to me though. Maybe there's no database available to research this but DoubleDave's & Papa John's are locating across the street from each other, there's a Domino's delivery location about a quarter of a mile up the road/across Hwy 6, a small chain of New York style pizza cafe's is looking at the vacant space in the Exxon at Briarcrest & Boonville and if memory serves there's a Pizza Hut delivery location on Briarcrest at Wildflower. Is it just me or is that a lot of pizza in a very small region? I can see the end result now. One or two of the businesses will fail and it will again appear that Bryan can't support anymore retail or eatery establishments when in reality its just that the market is saturated with a particular product.

Double Dave's is moving because of the lease situation of their 29th St. location(Blinn owns the building now and DD wanted to move out before Blinn asked them to down the road, when Blinn will use the space). They are moving east because that is where most of their deliveries go to anyway.

I think the pizza places will be fine because most will focus on delivery, and the location at Boonville and Rudder is a perfect place for getting to most of Bryan quickly.

It looks as though a medium sized restaurant pad is under construction at the front of the Kroger lot. Let's just cross our fingers that it is a worthy addition to the area.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone been watching with as much anticipation as I have the quick paced construction of the new North Park Plaza, at North & Texas Ave in Bryan? I didn't think the structure was going to be as large as it appears from the picture on the "coming soon" billboard. Today I noticed there's a sign advertising a franchise possibility...something called Buffalo's. I'm assuming its a wing joint. Unfortunately, I think that'd be a bad investment for someone given B-CS' affinity for Wings N More. Buffalo Wild Wings and the one or two other similar establishments in town have never reached the numbers they wanted to and given this location I don't thing it'd work either. I am glad to see that kind of investment in that part of town though. Bryan needs to continue to work to pull traffic north, up Texas Ave from University. University is quickly becoming the defining line in town. If you talk to some of the college students these days they rarely travel north of University unless they have a class at Blinn.

That is one of the reasons I was very glad that the city approved the TIF for the multi-acre development at Wm J Bryan & East Villa Maria. A lot of students travel to Bryan to attend Blinn and only view that part of town which has certainly slipped over the past few years. The impression we make on current students now will affect the economy of Bryan for years to come as the current students become former students, visiting former students and retirees. If they view the area around Blinn as a ghetto (believe it or not some suburban kids from such towns as Plano and Sugar Land wouldn't think twice about classifying that stretch of road that way) now they'll always think that way and refer to Bryan to others in that manner.

The area that will be North Park Plaza was basically the last undeveloped land along Texas Ave. in Bryan, so I was hoping for something with more pizzaz. The sign for the center went up about the same time as the strip center at Southwest and Wellborn, and that is basically done. North Park seemed to take forever to actually start, but I am glad to hear things are moving along now. I'd like to think worthwhile businesses will go in there, but without a significant student population north of there, I won't hold my breath.

If I could have my way, I'd take a giant bulldozer and clear about half of the land along Texas between the southern Bryan city limits and 29th Street 200 yards deep on both sides so that modern development could occur. The skanky motels, some of the car lots, the old Baskin Robbins, etc. need to go.

That is one of the reasons I was very glad that the city approved the TIF for the multi-acre development at Wm J Bryan & East Villa Maria. A lot of students travel to Bryan to attend Blinn and only view that part of town which has certainly slipped over the past few years. The impression we make on current students now will affect the economy of Bryan for years to come as the current students become former students, visiting former students and retirees. If they view the area around Blinn as a ghetto (believe it or not some suburban kids from such towns as Plano and Sugar Land wouldn't think twice about classifying that stretch of road that way) now they'll always think that way and refer to Bryan to others in that manner.

Why did they decide to build the college in such a "ghetto" area? A good idea would have been to build it where Bryan Muni is to revitalize that area and give "college ave" a bigger meaning. Could you imagine the change between TAMU to there not only on College Ave but on Welborn and the entire area inbetween.

I also wish it wasn't so community college looking and was developed more like Blinn at Brenhem.

Wow, I don't get the use of the term "ghetto". I'm sure the residents of Memorial Forest, Briargate and the area west of 29th near the college would like to know that they are in "the ghetto". Sure some areas near WMJ are borderline, but the large parcel of land Blinn is on was about the least "ghetto" of possible locations.

I actually wish the plan to build a "downtown" campus had taken place. Blinn on the municipal course would not have been "deep" enough into Bryan to provide benifits, unfortunately where it is located doesn't have much space for retail around it, so there hasn't been much direct development around it either. The location of Blinn and its look of a community college does not have to be a decades long problem. It would take forward thinking and a lot of work, but a relocated college on Groesbeck or Leonard Rd. could work. The area where Blinn is now should have been purchased by St. Joseph's and a new St. Jo's built from the ground up. The site of the current Blinn could still be used by St. Jpseph as a nursing school, for offices or even converted to bedspace for assisted living/retirement living.

So instead of building in a nicer area, I actually wish Blinn had a true campus in a location that is currently ghetto(Groesbeck/Leonard), but with redevelopment could become a very cool area.

Why did they decide to build the college in such a "ghetto" area? A good idea would have been to build it where Bryan Muni is to revitalize that area and give "college ave" a bigger meaning. Could you imagine the change between TAMU to there not only on College Ave but on Welborn and the entire area inbetween.

I also wish it wasn't so community college looking and was developed more like Blinn at Brenhem.

Many people asked that same question and wondered why Bryan didn't build the campus along Hwy 6 or on 2818/Harvey Mitchell since they've always been pushing growth on the west side. I wondered the same thing at the time. However, had the city not built Blinn where it is the land would most likely still be undeveloped. It has drawn a lot of traffic to central Bryan but up til now there hasn't been a lot of development to reflect that. I do think it aided in HEB's decision to be a part of the Manor East Mall/Tejas renovation and Loupot's is finally planning a new bookstore/retail center on the other side of campus. Plus, a new Burger King is going in at 29th and Villa Maria. Unfortunately, this has all been 9 years coming and has increased traffic dramatically in the meantime. I wouldn't really classify the surrounding area as truly "ghetto" but part of it (mainly Villa Maria between 29th & Wm J Bryan) has suffered b/c of the huge increase in traffic. Whats there just needs to be bulldozed and replaced with retail & new housing. That finally seems to be happening with the recent TIF passage.

Also, I agree in some regards that Blinn resembles a high school but it could probably never resemble the campus in Brenham or other older colleges given today's cost of construction and other requirements. From what I've heard the long term plan for the campus will more relect that of a true college with other buildings, structures, etc.

In the long run I believe it was a good decision but its time for that move to have some payoff.

Many people asked that same question and wondered why Bryan didn't build the campus along Hwy 6 or on 2818/Harvey Mitchell since they've always been pushing growth on the west side. I wondered the same thing at the time. However, had the city not built Blinn where it is the land would most likely still be undeveloped. It has drawn a lot of traffic to central Bryan but up til now there hasn't been a lot of development to reflect that. I do think it aided in HEB's decision to be a part of the Manor East Mall/Tejas renovation and Loupot's is finally planning a new bookstore/retail center on the other side of campus. Plus, a new Burger King is going in at 29th and Villa Maria. Unfortunately, this has all been 9 years coming and has increased traffic dramatically in the meantime. I wouldn't really classify the surrounding area as truly "ghetto" but part of it (mainly Villa Maria between 29th & Wm J Bryan) has suffered b/c of the huge increase in traffic. Whats there just needs to be bulldozed and replaced with retail & new housing. That finally seems to be happening with the recent TIF passage.

Also, I agree in some regards that Blinn resembles a high school but it could probably never resemble the campus in Brenham or other older colleges given today's cost of construction and other requirements. From what I've heard the long term plan for the campus will more relect that of a true college with other buildings, structures, etc.

Speaking of the Woodlands, has anyone seen one of the Woodlands waterway trolleys riding around Bryan/College Station? Do you know why? I have been seeing it everywhere. Why is it here?

In the long run I believe it was a good decision but its time for that move to have some payoff.

It would have been nice if they had spent sometime and plan the way Blinn was to be built. I think a more urban campus would have been a nicer campus. Something like the Woodlands town center or the SugarLandtown center. Only its a college. They could have had resturants, book stores on the bottom floors, midrise dorms and apartments, etc.

The campus I invision would have features that look like this:

bn_large.jpg

It would have been nice if they had spent sometime and plan the way Blinn was to be built. I think a more urban campus would have been a nicer campus. Something like the Woodlands town center or the SugarLandtown center. Only its a college. They could have had resturants, book stores on the bottom floors, midrise dorms and apartments, etc.

The campus I invision would have features that look like this:

bn_large.jpg

I think a great deal of the reason that the Blinn campus was planned in a pretty traditional fashion is that it is the property of the city of Bryan and is leased to Blinn. I guess that at the time the city didn't want to be a landlord to anyone but the college and had the development not taken off Bryan could've been left owning a lot of vacant space. My hope is that the area surrounding the campus will resemble what you've alluded to Citykid. I think it has been a positive influence on Bryan and hope that it continues to be. Honestly, it has to be in the long run b/c A&M has more or less maxed out on enrollment yet countless students want to enjoy the lifestyle of this area. Eventually, that will result in growth for Bryan. The campus already enrolls 10,000+. That number will increase and with it the area will benefit. Someone mentioned in an earlier post that the municipal golf course site would've been better suited for a college campus. To some extent I agree. Yet, I do think that having Blinn where it is is also a benefit to Bryan. Most demographers say that Texas will double in population over the next 30 years. I hope that city leaders look to the future and plan ahead for a major need for more space at Blinn. If that has to happen at another location I hope they're willing to take that step.

I think a great deal of the reason that the Blinn campus was planned in a pretty traditional fashion is that it is the property of the city of Bryan and is leased to Blinn. I guess that at the time the city didn't want to be a landlord to anyone but the college and had the development not taken off Bryan could've been left owning a lot of vacant space. My hope is that the area surrounding the campus will resemble what you've alluded to Citykid. I think it has been a positive influence on Bryan and hope that it continues to be. Honestly, it has to be in the long run b/c A&M has more or less maxed out on enrollment yet countless students want to enjoy the lifestyle of this area. Eventually, that will result in growth for Bryan. The campus already enrolls 10,000+. That number will increase and with it the area will benefit. Someone mentioned in an earlier post that the municipal golf course site would've been better suited for a college campus. To some extent I agree. Yet, I do think that having Blinn where it is is also a benefit to Bryan. Most demographers say that Texas will double in population over the next 30 years. I hope that city leaders look to the future and plan ahead for a major need for more space at Blinn. If that has to happen at another location I hope they're willing to take that step.

I can see many years from now Bryan High mabe moving into the Blinn Location, the old Bryan High Being torn down, and Blinn building a campus more like A&M and also becoming a 4 year college.

I can see many years from now Bryan High maybe moving into the Blinn Location, the old Bryan High Being torn down, and Blinn building a campus more like A&M and also becoming a 4 year college.

That is actually a good idea, and thus it won't happen. I was going to say Blinn is way to big for it to be doubled as a high school since we are comparing 10,000 students to 2,000 students, but it's actually comparing 10,000 college students that are there 15 hours a week (not factoring in the Ags that only take one class there) compared to a HS student that is there 32+ hours a week. With any additional space being used as office space for the school district it seems like a good fit. It would be nice to get rid of that horrible "two campuses in the same location" concept that Bryan HS has by destroying it.

Blinn becoming a 4 year college would help it's reputation and help retain all those college kids Bryan is loosing after year two when those students can't get into A&M. Why let them all go to SHSU or whereever when they could graduate here?

it has to be in the long run b/c A&M has more or less maxed out on enrollment yet countless students want to enjoy the lifestyle of this area.

I wonder at what rate A&M will grow in the future. A&M is not out of space to grow like it's brother in austin, so surely the student population will grow. Just looking at all the square footage of building space the Campus Master Plan shows makes you think that this University may see 10,000+ more students in 20 years.

Originally the plan was for Blinn to completely takeover the Townshire Shopping Center (the school used to be housed in the former Sears space in the center), and then there was discussion of giving the school the Manor East Mall property, but ultimately the space where it is now was chosen because of the abundance of space available for it to be able to expand. At that time there was not a big push to expand in west Bryan and the land in that area was held by a lot of individuals who weren't selling. I think the location is perfect since it offers easy access to the freeway, and that entire area from East 29th down Villa Maria to WJB Pwy is coming along rather nicely.

You can forget about seeing BISD abandon the BHS campus anytime in our lifetimes. They have tied up way too much in that campus, and the district is proud of building such a monster campus. The expense alone in relocated the school rules that plan a dud. I do think the new high school should have been put on the westside, as the majority of residents thought it would.

I take great offense with every other area in Bryan being characterized as ghetto. Having traveled around the world to various cities, trust me when I say that nothing in Bryan comes to close to being a ghetto. True the older areas of town are not sparkling new developments, but you see very few dilapadated run down hideous buildings, no bums parading around, and no crime-infested streets with vermin and trash blowing in the streets. There tends to be a tendency to immediately brand areas that don't feature huge homes and perfectly manicured homes as ghetto. Just because an area's residents may just be on the lower end of the social ladder does not mean the area is ghetto. Perhaps the areas just need more care and attention from the city instead of developers with wet appetites wanting to throw those residents out and turn the space into shops, supermarkets, or generic housing for college students and/or more affluent residents.

In fact, if I had to characterize any area in the Valley as coming close to ghetto, it would be the area to the immediate south of TAMU in College Station (Southgate). In fact, tonight I was just driving past the area that used to be Bryan's equvialant to Southgate on Beck Street (the public housing project there, which my grandfather and many others referred to as 'Little Vietnam' back in the 80's) was completely demolished years ago. The area has now been reclaimed for very nice middle class homes and the multimillion dollar Henderson Park redevelopment. I remarked to my mother, who was in the car with me, of what a great job Bryan has done with taking what was for so many years a completely unsafe and unsavory area and turning it around like it has.

The areas of town that need the most attention are the ones that have been long-neglected by the city, such as North Bryan, South College, and northern downtown. I believe the best way to achieve this is by shaking up the city government. Some of the community organizations I work with have begun to talk seriously in the past few weeks of making noise about redrawing the single-member city council districts to city hall. Too often now the city council has a very narrow focus targeted towards either the east side or the new so-called CBD. Single member district 2 is way too large and diverse in needs to be handled by one representative to the council, and splitting it up would most definitely result in having two voices on the council to push for more attention to the northside.

• 3 weeks later...

TIF request likely for Bryan development

By APRIL AVISON

Eagle Staff Writer

Bryan business leaders are trying to orchestrate the development of 254 acres along North Earl Rudder Freeway, saying the envisioned mix of retail, office space and housing would be a major shot in the arm for the city's eastside growth.

The now-vacant land between University and Briarcrest drives just east of the freeway could become a thriving "lifestyle center" within five years, according to Bryan Business Council President Mitch Morehead and fellow member Dick Perkins.

"We're thinking of mixed-use, high-end, uptown, like a Woodlands-type of environment," Business Council President Mitch Morehead said.

Morehead said the project would be a prime candidate for a tax-increment financing (TIF) district, in which the city would help fund the development and then use future tax revenues to pay the debt. An estimated $10 million to $12 million would be requested from the city for infrastructure improvements at the site, the planners said. This has not yet been proposed to city leaders, however.

The business council, which is an economic development group made up of City Council appointees, paid $25,000 to Vernon Henry and Associates of Houston to develop the concept. The preliminary vision includes retail, hotel and office space, restaurants and upscale townhomes.

The goal is to have one or two large stores anchoring the development. While no companies have been approached, Morehead said stores like Kohl's, Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma are of the type the business council would like to recruit.

"We're thinking of mixed-use, high-end, uptown, like a Woodlands-type of environment," Morehead said.

A museum is even a possibility, he added.

"The idea is to come and shop and do a lot of things in one place," Morehead said. "The timing is right for a project like this."

Planning for the future

Although a general concept is on paper, the plans for the project could change once a developer is found and the land is purchased, Perkins said.

A broker is negotiating a price for the acreage with landowner Jack Lester. The broker would then select a developer, who would buy the land and set the project in motion.

The developer would work with the city on a master plan, get the stores and other components lined up and develop a TIF proposal. The business council would identify infrastructure and other needs that should be included in the TIF.

"We'll champion this through [the Planning and Zoning Commission] and try to be a facilitator," Morehead said of the business council's involvement. "Then the developer will go to the city with a master plan, and they'll work within that framework."

The development has the potential to create "huge change" in Bryan, Perkins said. It will stretch a little more than a mile along the Bypass, attracting out-of-town visitors who are traveling through the city, Morehead said.

Business council members hope the new development will capitalize on its proximity to the Brazos Center and also "bring some of the energy from University Drive," Morehead said.

Just up the road, at Boonville Road and North Earl Rudder Freeway, construction is under way on a movie theater and a Kroger grocery store. The envisioned development between University and Briarcrest drives would only accelerate what's already going on in that corridor, Perkins said.

He said it will take about six months to formulate a master plan and steer the development through the proper channels with the Planning and Zoning Commission and the City Council.

"Once it's under contract, it will be two to four years before you see roads, buildings and places where people can spend their money," Perkins said. "We're looking at this as a five-year plan. It will be staged."

Bryan Mayor Ernie Wentrcek said Friday the City Council is not involved in the conceptual development plans.

"At this point, I'm personally not aware of this project," Wentrcek said.

The TIF

The Bryan City Council recently approved a separate TIF zone that was requested by private partners Burton Creek Development Ltd. The council has not determined how much money, if any, the city will invest in the 122-acre zone, which runs along Villa Maria Road and William Joel Bryan Parkway.

The Burton Creek developers have asked the city to contribute about $5.6 million to the project. They plan to build senior-citizen-restricted housing and some office and retail development.

Once a TIF zone is created, a portion of the property taxes on new development within that zone goes toward paying off the city's debt. It creates risk for the city if the taxes generated aren't enough to pay off the debt, but it also can be a successful tool for sparking activity in a previously undeveloped area, officials say.

In addition to the Burton Creek TIF, Bryan has two others: the Traditions golf and residential development and the Park Hudson business park. Each TIF is governed by an advisory board of appointees from the City Council, Brazos County, the Bryan school board and the offices of state Sen. Steve Ogden and Rep. Fred Brown.

Vernon Henry did design work for Park Hudson and the first phase of the Copperfield development, both of which are in eastern Bryan. The two developments have been very successful, Morehead said.

The new TIF would be structured more like the Park Hudson project than Traditions. The city bought the land for Traditions, but that wouldn't be the case for the envisioned "lifestyle center."

Morehead, who chairs the Park Hudson TIF board, said the planned development is perfect for a TIF because of the opportunity for spin-off development.

"In my mind, this is a prime candidate for a TIF because it probably wouldn't develop otherwise," Morehead said. "The only responsible way to do this is with a TIF."

If a TIF is proposed for the project, the city could be asked for an investment of about $10 million to $12 million. Bryan would be responsible for funding public amenities and infrastructure such as water, sewer and roads, Perkins said.

Mayor Wentrcek said he couldn't comment on whether the City Council would approve another TIF.

"I wouldn't know one way or the other until I've had a chance to look at the project," he said.

Morehead said he hopes to see a trend of quality development continue to emerge in Bryan.

"What we envision is high standards," he said. "Bryan needs that. This will change the face of the whole east side."

/\ Take that College Station! LOL!

I never thought I would live to see the day when Bryan would once again take over College Station in this kind of stuff or at least match it. This is like a dream. When I first saw the article I thought it was about the plan for the area by the Post Office that it a planed elderly community with mix used development. I really hope this happens!

Citykid, this is a step in the right direction for Bryan, there is still much work left to be done.

The location and value of the land meant that only top-notch development would occur there. I was never worried that the area between Briarcrest and University would be neglected when developed. Wouldn't it have been nice to have a new municipal golf course on the southern(mostly non-highlighted) portion of that map? It could have included land in Bryan and College Station, and been called the Bryan/College Station Golf Course, but in reality it would have served as the southern entrance to Bryan.

I am happy to see that the Bryan Business Council has the "vision thing", because other certain councils in town are bogged down with what rates to charge for aircraft storage.

A Pottery Barn in Bryan....can you imagine?

whoop-de-doo

*typical guy mentality here*

also goes for why we need a linens n things and a bed bath and beyond in the same town.

anyways nice to see this upscale stuff popping up in BCS

whoop-de-doo

*typical guy mentality here*

also goes for why we need a linens n things and a bed bath and beyond in the same town.

anyways nice to see this upscale stuff popping up in BCS

The meaning of my post was that its amazing and very promising that an upscale development such as the one described in the article is proposed for a location in Bryan. I could care less what stores are mentioned in said article. I was simply commenting that until now its been almost unfathomable that a store such as Pottery Barn, or similar type, would ever be thought of as a candidate for Bryan location. But, gee, I really appreciate the sentiment Zaphod.

The meaning of my post was that its amazing and very promising that an upscale development such as the one described in the article is proposed for a location in Bryan. I could care less what stores are mentioned in said article. I was simply commenting that until now its been almost unfathomable that a store such as Pottery Barn, or similar type, would ever be thought of as a candidate for Bryan location. But, gee, I really appreciate the sentiment Zaphod.

yeah i know. i was just being silly there. And Also the fact that we have what seems like an overabundance of overpriced foo foo shops must mean the market here is strong.

• 4 weeks later...
Additionally, there is another lot being cleared and leveled behind the Physician's Centre, but no sign of what will be going there. Perhaps Bryan Guy will know more about that?
Wish I did. I drive home that way everyday and keep looking for a sign to pop up. No rumors about town on that one.

Finally there is a sign up. It is called Hudson Creek and will be an Alzheimer's care center. It looks like it will be a long-term nursing facility. In my opinion, a very worthy addition to Hudson Park.

Wow, this would be amazing and would definitely change the general perception of "old, rundown Bryan" to a "new, uptown Bryan" since it is so visible. It looks like this place will be competing for businesses with the "College Station Town Centre", yet this, with is being in the center of BCS and so close to the Park Hudson development, seems to be a more appealing area. Hopefully we'll see some more multistory building come up with this development. I could only hope to come back one day to see somthing like this.

100_0662Small.jpg

Does anyone know the name of that old 3 to 4 story school thats near downtown Bryan? It hasn't been open for years, and its forsale. I wonder how much they want for it since it has been on the market for the longest? I think it is located on Sims near the railraod tracks. I would like to go in there to see what it looks like. If it wasn't in that location, it would be nice to have loft apartments there. You still can, but you would need sound proof walls because the train track is right behind it.

YEAH ITS CALLED (BOWIE) I THINK THAT THE POLICE USE IT NOW CAUSE ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO I WAS ON MY WAY HOME AND I SEEN LIKE 9 POLICE OFFICERS AND A STAKEOUT VAN AND THEY WERE IN THE DOORWAY SO WHEN I PASTED BY THE NEXT DAY I SAW A GREEN PAPER/TAG ON THE DOOR MY COUSIN LIVE ON MARTIN LUTHER KING STREET/EAST MLK IN BRYAN AND THEY PUT GREEN PAPERS ON THE HOUSES OVER THERE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH DRUGS HOUSES AND THE PAPER NOTIFY THE PUBLIC OF THE CIRCUMSTANCE BUT IT WOULD BE COOL TO SEE THEM DO SOMETHING WITH THAT LAND I JUST HEARD THAT THERE OPENING A WING HEAVEN ON MARTIN LUTHER KING STREET IN BRYAN ITS ABOUT TIME THEY BUILD SOMETHING OVER HERE TRUST ME IF THEY BUILD NICE THINGS WE WILL SPEND MONEY JUST BECAUSE EAST MLK/WEST AND THE SURROUNDING AREA'S NOT AUSTIN COLNEY, CARTER CREEK, TIFFANY PARK, OR COOPERFIELD WE WOULD LIKE NICE THINGS BUILT HERE ALSO ANYWAY ITS COOL TO SEE BRYAN GROW AND EXPAND MAYBE SOON WE CAN GET SOME UP-SCALES PROJECTS BUILT OTHER THAN GROCERY STORES BUT I'LL TAKE WHAT WE GET

YEAH ITS CALLED (BOWIE) I THINK THAT THE POLICE USE IT NOW CAUSE ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO I WAS ON MY WAY HOME AND I SEEN LIKE 9 POLICE OFFICERS AND A STAKEOUT VAN AND THEY WERE IN THE DOORWAY SO WHEN I PASTED BY THE NEXT DAY I SAW A GREEN PAPER/TAG ON THE DOOR MY COUSIN LIVE ON MARTIN LUTHER KING STREET/EAST MLK IN BRYAN AND THEY PUT GREEN PAPERS ON THE HOUSES OVER THERE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH DRUGS HOUSES AND THE PAPER NOTIFY THE PUBLIC OF THE CIRCUMSTANCE BUT IT WOULD BE COOL TO SEE THEM DO SOMETHING WITH THAT LAND I JUST HEARD THAT THERE OPENING A WING HEAVEN ON MARTIN LUTHER KING STREET IN BRYAN ITS ABOUT TIME THEY BUILD SOMETHING OVER HERE TRUST ME IF THEY BUILD NICE THINGS WE WILL SPEND MONEY JUST BECAUSE EAST MLK/WEST AND THE SURROUNDING AREA'S NOT AUSTIN COLNEY, CARTER CREEK, TIFFANY PARK, OR COOPERFIELD WE WOULD LIKE NICE THINGS BUILT HERE ALSO ANYWAY ITS COOL TO SEE BRYAN GROW AND EXPAND MAYBE SOON WE CAN GET SOME UP-SCALES PROJECTS BUILT OTHER THAN GROCERY STORES BUT I'LL TAKE WHAT WE GET

Caps lock is not good. :angry:

I have never heard of Wing Heaven. Where on MLK will it be?

I drove by today city i wasn't looking for it but it just (poped) out at me, ok it's right on East MLK you know where that car wash is well the store across the stree from Tabacco Barn it was a little BBQ joint there its like a little outhouse size building, man they painted the building like pink/orange and have a very small looking sign thats say's (Wing Heaven) over the doorway, i was very very very very very disappointed trust me you dont want to see it, now will people eat there in this area? No doubt, but i was looking forward to a nice place. Thats what i mean when you live this far away from Texas A&M/university Drive thats what we typically get around here

I drove by today city i wasn't looking for it but it just (poped) out at me, ok it's right on East MLK you know where that car wash is well the store across the stree from Tabacco Barn it was a little BBQ joint there its like a little outhouse size building, man they painted the building like pink/orange and have a very small looking sign thats say's (Wing Heaven) over the doorway, i was very very very very very disappointed trust me you dont want to see it, now will people eat there in this area? No doubt, but i was looking forward to a nice place. Thats what i mean when you live this far away from Texas A&M/university Drive thats what we typically get around here

So is this Wing Heaven a local resturant or a national chain of resturant?

So is this Wing Heaven a local resturant or a national chain of resturant?

Ive never heard of them. I drove by the Wing Heaven place today and they have re-painted it again. A beige color, looks a lot better. It seems to be a local joint, as it is taking up a very small secondary building behind the older, somewhat shoddy "Tommy's Drive In Too" gas station at N Texas Ave & MLK. Several years ago, before the BBQ place it was occupied by "Tip Top Records". They sold boot-legged and underground rap cd's.

Archived