Lumen: Apartments At 2400 West Dallas St.

guess

Not too surprised. At least they did investigate it to determine if it was compromised.

I agree.

I don’t know what heating up a slab of concrete does to the steel reinforcement inside it, but that fire was a hot one, and it burned right on that garage for quite a while. If there was any doubt about its integrity, I imagine that it was uninsurable.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Axis apartments

Developer: Dallas-based JLB Partners

Original plan: The 396-unit luxury apartmentcomplex was just a few months shy of opening when a five-alarm fire destroyed it in March.

Status: "We are still working through the insurance process, and we will make a decision sometime in 2015," JLB's Scott Sherwood said about rebuilding the project.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Cracks-forming-in-commercial-real-estate-market-6037038.php#/0

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
1 minute ago, citykid09 said:

Here we are 3 years later. Was this ever rebuilt? What does the site look like now? Will there ever build it if they haven't already?

1.  Nope.

2.  A large vacant lot.

3.  Not until the market rebounds.  

(I have no special knowledge, just a view of the place)

Edited by mollusk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

People were upset but the develop jepts going.

Are you suggesting foul play? Last article I can find (from fall 2015) still says HFD was investigating. This is the one with a welder on the roof and high winds right?

Never heard the outcome, but early reports indicated it was an accident. There were people complaining about building near the cemetery but there will always be some group complaining about something with a development this big.

It would be interesting to see what came of the HFD report and subsequent dealing with insurance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skwatra said:

Are you suggesting foul play? Last article I can find (from fall 2015) still says HFD was investigating. This is the one with a welder on the roof and high winds right?

Never heard the outcome, but early reports indicated it was an accident. There were people complaining about building near the cemetery but there will always be some group complaining about something with a development this big.

It would be interesting to see what came of the HFD report and subsequent dealing with insurance.

I wouldn't doubt it in this case.

• Like 1