Marfreless Bar And Lounge To Close

Now that it's closing, I feel it's okay to talk about it now.

I used to go to Marf's during my single days in the 90's.  It was wonderfully seedy and the waitresses selectively blind.

The newest state of Marf's was disappointing after.  To me it was "Disney-ized" and brought it a different crowd I didn't care to see and hang out with. 

If those walls could talk...esp that back room.

Then again, all you needed was a black light and the tales can guessed at from there.

Now that it's closing, I feel it's okay to talk about it now.

I used to go to Marf's during my single days in the 90's.  It was wonderfully seedy and the waitresses selectively blind.

The newest state of Marf's was disappointing after.  To me it was "Disney-ized" and brought it a different crowd I didn't care to see and hang out with. 

If those walls could talk...esp that back room.

Then again, all you needed was a black light and the tales can guessed at from there.

Agreed. Place was too plastic once the new owners got hold of it. I haven't been in there in probably 7 or 8 years.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Supposedly, the new owners are using the new name illegally, which means it could have one of two outcomes:

1) The old owners win the suit and demand the current Marfreless change its name and branding, possibly with damages, possibly closure

2) The old owners did lose/transfer the name somehow and don't like the direction the new owners are taking it.

• The title was changed to Marfreless Bar And Lounge To Close

Archived