Sign in to follow this  
Houston19514

Humble Tower Apartments to Springhill Suites Hotel

When I was looking about 2 years ago I think they had a 1 BR for maybe $1000 or thereabouts? Very reasonable for downtown.

So my last day here is this coming Saturday. The building is at about 30% capacity. Most of everyone will be gone by next month. There are a few people that have leases until the end of January. The new owners want them all out by December. I found two weeks ago that initially Sterling Group (the joke of a management company) told those that do have a lease until the end of January that they are willing to put them up in the hotel that month. Today we found out that the management company is now asking that the residents also pay their rent while living in the hotel. Needless to say that isn't going to happen. Does anyone know if they can legally kick anyone out just because they want to start construction? Also can they even start construction/renovations with tenants still occupying the building?