Chevron Tower For Downtown At 1600 Louisiana St.

tangledwoods

the rumor at Chevron is that some employees are getting moved into one of the Allen Centers because Chevron is at capacity in its two buildings and what it has at Continental.  hence, why Chevron will be building a new tower.  if any areas in the Chevron buildings are empty, my guess is that Chevron is redoing the build out for some reason (perhaps to hold more folks until the new building is complete). 

• Like 1

"Chevron will sublease 315,000 square

feet of the Devon sublease space in Allen Center through 2017;"

I wonder what the total square footage is of all the space they have in other buildings. That is a pretty sizable chunk alone, plus whatever else they have. It'll be interesting if they move more people here when they finally announce they'll build it like Exxon did with their campus.

I wonder what the total square footage is of all the space they have in other buildings. That is a pretty sizable chunk alone, plus whatever else they have. It'll be interesting if they move more people here when they finally announce they'll build it like Exxon did with their campus.

1400 Smith has 1.3 Million Square feet.

Chevron leases more than 300,000 square feet in 1600 Smith

1500 Louisiana has 1.2 Million Square feet

hoothrewpoo's info matches what i've heard and then some... i guess they'll be trying to create a real campus like feel on the street level which should be interesting. can't wait to see a rendering. knowing some of the players behind the scenes i'd guess pickard is the architect but that's just an estimated guess.

Dang, I love Pickard Chilton's work, but I really hope Chevron doesn't use them too.  There are still other quality architects in the world.

(Pickard Chilton did BG Group Place, the ExxonMobil campus, and is doing the new BHP Billiton Tower and the new Hines tower...)

Edited by Houston19514

While I'm not exactly sure of the block this tower will sit on, I'm assuming that this tower would have to be MEGA tall to escape the shadow of Wells Fargo (from a I-45 North view) or Allen Center for an Allen Parkway view. A 45 or 50 story tower will get lost amongst all the other buildings in this location. Not to mention if 5 Allen Center gets going. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think it really matters what it looks like or how tall it will be because at the end of the day, it won't amount to anything more than infill. But that's my opinion. I don't know jack diddily squat...

• Like 1

the new tower will be 1.3M sf, but there will be some infill in the area between 1500 Louisiana and the new tower that bumps up the total.

So assuming the typical 25k sf floorplate, that brings it to about 52 floors. It could be higher if they decided to make some of the upper floors smaller or put a crown on it. Do you know anything about the details?