Chevron Tower For Downtown At 1600 Louisiana St.

tangledwoods

• 3 weeks later...

I believe so. I was the one that mentioned that. I heard it on another page (skyscraperpage?) by a random forum member.

I don't mean to start any unconfirmed speculation but word from my buddy is that they added another 10 stories!!! He couldn't remember the height though but if that's the case this could be around 960'. He's going to check out the blue prints tomorrow and lmk.

They still have corporate HQ to fill the 4th tower. ;) heh.. That's merely speculation. My buddy said it would have 2 penthouse floors..? I wonder if the Petroleum Club plans to move to that other place long term or just temporary, or who the top floors would be for

Edited by cloud713

The 960' is just a random guesstimate I came up with. Assuming the previous 832 number was right and the floors are around 13'. Tomorrow I should find out for sure

But yeah, I was thinking that too that it's not far off from a supertall

Just for fun...  If the building was going to be 832 feet with 50 stories, assuming the same average height per floor and adding 10 additional stories would give us a total height of 998.4 feet = 304 meters = supertall.

• Like 1

Just for fun...  If the building was going to be 832 feet with 50 stories, assuming the same average height per floor and adding 10 additional stories would give us a total height of 998.4 feet = 304 meters = supertall.

haha, i like your thinking. the only thing is im assuming the 832' was counting the 3 level podium with double height floors, whereas the podium isnt included in the "50 story" figure. which makes me wonder if the "64 stories" i heard included the podium or not. if it doesnt, this thing should break the supertall barrier.. i was assuming it did include the podium and that the podium was 4 stories (making for 10 additional floors), but the 4th story of the podium is the first floor of the tower, so i guess they possibly added 11 stories to the tower..? if all goes well ill have more details tomorrow...

Now all they need is a large antenna to attach to the top and voila! New tallest in the city.

• Like 1

Any news?!

Right?? I feel like a kid who can't wait for Christmas to open his presents.. Hopefully soon.. He hadn't double checked the blueprints yet when I asked earlier. I hope he's right about this. He seemed pretty sure about 64 stories though.

Edited by cloud713

Rumors are rampant that this project is on hold for at least 12 months....

??? Seems pretty strange considering the fanfare and media circus that surrounded the announcement. The PR guy who was interviewed by all major outlets in Houston said that Chevron was very excited to break ground on this structure. 

On a side note, seems strange to me still that they put out such a cheap ass rendering. Looks like something done with water colors.

haha, i like your thinking. the only thing is im assuming the 832' was counting the 3 level podium with double height floors, whereas the podium isnt included in the "50 story" figure. which makes me wonder if the "64 stories" i heard included the podium or not. if it doesnt, this thing should break the supertall barrier.. i was assuming it did include the podium and that the podium was 4 stories (making for 10 additional floors), but the 4th story of the podium is the first floor of the tower, so i guess they possibly added 11 stories to the tower..? if all goes well ill have more details tomorrow...

Sooooooo......anything?

Camp Strake is waaaaay up north.  That would truly be an upheaval on the employees of Chevron.  ExxonMobil at least had a huge presence in Greenspoint, which isn't all that far from the new Springwoods Village location, but can you imagine all the Chevron folks who now work downtown having to commute up to Camp Strake?  Now that would be a nightmare.

The other issue is housing supply up there.  The Woodlands is already in true supply shortage mode due to Exxon, and if you added a huge Chevron campus, wow.  

The only way I'd see this working is if they moved a lot more people from outside of Houston to this campus.  People who don't already have homes inside the loop since they work for Chevron downtown.  Perhaps the San Ramon facility is on the way...